We traveled to this hotel in early October for a wedding. The flight in was a diaster so we weren't in the best mood when arriving (suppose to arrive 12PM, got there about 8:30) so check in was a little iffy for us. We booked for Southern Most (not on the beach) so when we got there, they said they did not have a room under my name. This was because I guess with construction going on, they moved us across the street to the Southern Most Hotel on the Beach (very nice upgrade, no cost). Since we were moved and not told, we had to wait about 10 minutes until the manager was able to figure out why we weren't listed.
Anyway, the rooms were gorgeous. Large, open, very clean. The pool wasn't to big, but they had a server go around taking food and drink orders that you can charge back to your room. The beach is small and rocky at the water, so it wasn't much of a beach, but than again, you don't go to Key West for the beach. We spent a lot of the day by/in the pool, than around 4 would go get ready for dinner and the night out.
The hotel is located at the quiet end of Duvall street, and it is about 15-20 minute walk to most of the bars. If you want to walk, make a drink for the walk and you should be good. On the walk back, stop at Fat Tuesdays for a drink.
The restaurant connected to the hotel is a nice little place. Basic menu for Key West, a couple TVs by the bar, walk right out onto the beach if you want.
The service was great, not once did we run into a grumpy employee. Everyone seemed to enjoy working their. Or maybe it was the fact they get to live in Key West. Anyway, they were happy. I will consider going back to this hotel on my next trip, not because there was anything wrong with the hotel, just because maybe next time I will want to stay closer to the busier end of Duvall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel