I wanted to surprise my wife for her 40th birthday because she had never been to Key West, FL. I stressed about what was the best hotel and location to stay at because I wanted something really nice, convenient, not too crazy (this hotel is on the quiet side of Duval), but access to the hot spots. We were greeted as we arrived with a very friendly and welcoming staff. The room I booked was perfect (West Lawn- Ocean View) because it had great views, was updated/newer and was very clean. We enjoyed the pool and thought the beach was "ok" (if you goto Key West you are not going for the beach, but atleast the hotel had a beach). The location is right at the Southernmost Point and we walked everywhere really easily and had access to good local resteraunts, shopping, the bar/party area and the marina area. We loved the ability to come back to the room, relax etc when needed; My wife had spa services and really thought the staff was friendly and did a great job. The spa itself is pretty simplistic and not alot "glitz" to what I have seen at the spas we typcially visit, but it was clean and small. The staff was friendly, and we found everyone to be welcoming, except for one bartneder at the Shores Bar that worked the day we arrived on Janaury 10th. I had compared this hotel to the Westin Sunset Key which was 2-3 times the price, but after going to dinner at the Westin, we thought the people at the Westin were a little too stuffy/pompous for us, We liked the casual atmoshpere, value and freedom this hotel provided us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel