We ate at the Southernmost Beach Cafe when we were visiting Key West last year and decided that this year we would treat ourselves to staying in the hotel as it looked so pretty and the staff at the cafe were great. We had a beautiful room overlooking the ocean (deluxe king) and it really was a gorgeous room. We had hoped that this would be a peaceful romantic place to stay as it is at the quiet end of Duval. Although we avoided Fantasy Fest, we coincided with a wedding which resulted in drunken groups on their balconies at 4am. Our neighbours smoked cigars (very Key West thing to do!) on their balcony and the balconies are so close together it came straight into our room. There was live music at the next resort or somewhere just along the beach from 11am - 11pm. One night the fire alarm went off at 4am, it was deafening (which it should be), we opened the door and I literally got blinded as the alarm was right beside the door, a foot away from my eyes - it took 30 mins to see properly. I wouldn't have minded but nobody else came out, there was no explanation, no apology for another disrupted night and obviously no fire! We had practically the top priced room available at New York/London prices and for that I expect a decent night's sleep. A great room doesn't make a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel