Key West is nothing if not highly entertaining! It absolutely marches to the beat of a different drummer and we had a wonderful time people watching and enjoying the culture. We were there during FantasyFest and wow seems to be the only word that captures it all!! Southernmost on the Beach is a beautiful property albeit somewhat pricey yet comparatively not so much.
Here are the things that I liked. The rooms were beautifully appointed, the beds very comfortable, the decor lovely, the bathroom roomy and beautiful and clean. The shower was huge. The overall feeling of the room is luxurious. I loved the fact that you had a private deck and somewhat of an ocean view to enjoy. Fortunately we were located on the west side of our building allowing us shade on our deck in the afternoon to enjoy a glass of wine. Coffee was complimentary at the pool every morning. The pools were maintained nicely and the beach pool had a nice bar plus servers. Parking was included and since it was early in the week there was plenty available. There was no resort fee.
Here are the things that I did not like: I did not like the fact that there was only a shower in the bathroom, no tub with no information as to whether this was the case in all rooms or just our room. Since all of the rooms were approached from an outside hallway it felt more like a motel than a luxurious hotel as the price denotes yet we are in the tropics so that is not uncommon. I did not like that the pool was not located closer to the water (it does have a water view) giving a more serene feel to the pool experience and it was very crowded each day. Even though it was early in the week before the real FantasyFest celebrations began the pool was crowded. There are three pools on this property but the other two are a hike from the Southernmost on the Beach property and this pool seemed to attract the guests from all three properties thus making it even more crowded. There was a pool designated for adults only and that was VERY nice but it excluded any sort of water view yet it gave a spa feel which I would have liked to have experienced had I had more time. The beach was very small but there are few beaches in Key West so having a beach at all was great. The actual spa was very small and not luxurious. That was a disappointment to me as I was really hoping to have a great spa experience along with this hotel but that was not the case. I would love to see them expand upon that feature.
Overall this is a beautifully kept property and everyone was accommodating and helpful and I am sure you will be pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel