This was our 2nd trip to Key West. This time we brought friends from home!
From the beautiful sunrises, to the activities hosted by the always active Boomer, to the potent drinks at the Shores Bar, to the beachfront location, to the short walk (stumble or crawl) back and forth to the best bars on Duval, to the friendly bartenders (Rich, Mark, James) to the bubbly servers (Heather) to the helpful front desk staff (Wish I could remember their names!)--why would you stay anywhere else?
Scarlett and Julie at the Concierge desk were helpful and nice.
Beer School, Wine School, Snorkel School, Hula hoop exercise, the Newlywed game--all hosted by the best Activities Director in Key West Boomer McFall. Live music and entertainment by the pool. A well stocked Gym, water dispensers and ice machines by the pool and along the grounds. Free towels at an awesome pool and a bar just steps from a beach--where you can lay out in a chaise lounger for free! Chocolates on your pillow and turn down service each night.
The Beachfront Cafe has $3 drinks and a few different appetizers at 4pm. Cafe had great food and timely and attentive service--for breakfast, lunch AND dinner.
The bathroom was huge and modern.There is a nice bar sized fridge that held all our drinks a sink and ample storage in the closet and dressers. A nice sized sit down desk. 2 arm chairs in our room too.
I honestly don't think I'd stay anywhere else! And this is just at the Southernmost on the Beach location. Across the street is the new Pineapple Bar, a new pool--all of which looked awesome. Top notch facility with modern amenities.
My only complaint(s): The wi-fi was crappy in our end of the location--but if you ask for an ethernet wire for your laptop/netbook you can plug right into the wall. And the cable went out the last overnight we were there. But---if you're on vacation---you can live without those things. We did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located where Duval street meets the Atlantic Ocean in historic old town, Southernmost Beach Resort stretches over 6 acres across 2 city blocks on the quieter end of Duval Street, away from the hustle of Key West activities, but close enough to the excitement when you want it. The resort offers many on-site amenities such as 3 pools, 4 bars, a private oceanfront beach with tanning pier, access to public South Beach, an oceanfront restaurant, fitness center and petite spa. Southernmost Beach Resort now encompasses the Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel and La Mer Hotel and Dewey House all part of the former Southernmost Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southernmost Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost On The Beach Hotel Key West
- Key West Southernmost Beach
- Southernmost Beach Hotel