“Charming find, best hospitality”
Review of Orchid Key Inn

Orchid Key Inn
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Chicago
“Charming find, best hospitality”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I hadn't been to Key West in a few years. The inn that I initially wanted to stay in was booked so I asked for a recommendation. What a recommendation! I'll never stay elsewhere in Key West! From the time I arrived, which was hours early, the staff couldn't of been nicer of more accommodating. The woman at arrival (I'm drawing a blank on her name) was originally from the UK couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. She advised me that she would get me a room shortly, to go relax outside by the charming pool, to grab something to eat and have coffee. I did all of those things. About an hour or so later my room was ready. The room itself was exactly has shown in the pictures Clean, updated, cozy, and so very comfortable. All of the staff were friendly, answered all of my questions, and were exactly the definition of hospitable and warm. This hotel has it all down. I travel frequently and other hotels should learn from this gem. The pool area was immaculate, the breakfast was fresh, happy hour was fun. I love the whole experience! I'm looking forward to returning! Thank you everyone at the Orchid Key Inn!

Room Tip: I was right off the pool. Great location.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank EGliz1022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We selected the Orchid Key based on Trip Advisor reviews and were extremely pleased. From the street, it doesn't seem like much, but the public facilities, our room (106) and the staff were outstanding. While we normally stay at the high-end chain hotels, we were so glad we didn't for our Kew West visit. Highly recommend this small gem to all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bobolina2014
Virginia Beach,VA
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I arrived in Key West for our daughter's destination wedding held at Hemmingway House, so of course, we chose the Orchid Key Inn because it was right around the corner. First of all, we were fortunate to check in early after our 3 hour drive from Florida City. Our room was amazing, luxurious, clean, comfortable and because we had a private patio outside our door, even better. Even tho our room was right along Duvall St. I didn't mind the outside noise of traffic or tourists. I'm an early riser so I would hear all the delivery trucks and roosters crowing. My husband apparently didn't notice any of the noises since he loved the comfort of the king size bed. Of course, another plus to the hotel is the complimentary breakfast and also complimentary bar drinks.(Family members staying at Casa Marina didn't have complimentary breakfast) The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish I had more time as a tourist, instead of 'mother of the bride' since I didn't have enough time to enjoy the full Key West experience. Everything from bars, restaurants, nail salon, CVS store, cigar stand was within walking distance, the humidity and heat didn't even get to me. I'm glad I chose this hotel, it made the wedding and my mini vacation a very memorable event for me and my husband.

Room Tip: Ask for the King Deluxe room which is more private, book early since most of the rooms sell out quic...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ur2punny
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Key West is my favorite place in the world. I have visited many times and stayed in a variety of places, from a trailer to a five star hotel. The Orchid Key Inn is the very best place I have ever stayed. The entire place is immaculate. From the lobby area, to the grounds, to the rooms, it is gorgeous. The bathroom was so wonderful, I wish I had something as nice in my own home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Cruzin404
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located on the corner of Truman and Duval street. The rooms seem to be recently updated and were nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Brandon (at the front desk) was great at making restaurant suggestions and making reservations. The only reason it is not five stars is because of the price, however overall it was a very good experience.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cate V
Penhook, VA
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Orchid Key. The hotel is in an excellent location, close to most major attractions in Key West. The rooms, while a bit small, were equipped with a very comfortable bed and a superb shower - with overhead and hand-held shower heads. What made our experience there perfect was the manager, Kim. She was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient, marking on a map all the sights we wanted to see and suggesting a few others. She made dinner reservations for us at restaurants we wanted to visit. They were excellent. If we return to Key West, we will certainly stay at the Orchid Key (and hope that Kim is still there).

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the end of the driveway which was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VATraveller3
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Orchid in September. September is the off season so we got an amazing deal. We loved the location - on Duval and only a short walk to the bustle of Mallory Square. It was very quiet, except a few guests checking out early woke us up one day. We chose the Orchid for the location and we were not disappointed. We had the standard king room, and it was perfectly adequate in size. The room, pool, bar, tables, hot tub - everything was clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful with recommendations. We said we'd only stay at the Orchid on future trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple