“Great location and friendly staff made our stay that much better!”
Review of Orchid Key Inn

Orchid Key Inn
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I just got back from four nights in Key West. I have to say that we cannot be happier that we trusted the excellent reviews on tripadvisor and selected The Orchid Key Inn. Kim, Brandon, and the rest of the staff at the Orchid Key Inn were great. The place is wonderful – well kept, and the location is very convenient. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PATraveler2012

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Please note: we stayed at this hotel in January of 2012. The room was fine, albeit a bit small. The bed pretty much filled up the room. I was a bit surprised to be charged for parking. I guess my only real complaint is that this room was in no way worth $300.00/night. Better places can be had in Key West for less money.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce A
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Lovely, drive-in motel well situated on the quiet end of Duval, poolside rooms are fantastic as is the free breakfast...Shaun and Brandon were fantastic....helpful beyond the pail, a credit to themselves!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool-side room!
1  Thank crashball
Reviewed December 1, 2012

stayed four nights and loved the place. the location was perfect for me and my wife, bar hopping, restaurants, shopping, beach, rental car even CVS. the room was on the small size but being next to the pool and hot tub and the hotel bar we didn't spend that much time in the room.The bathroom had a nice size shower, the king bed was comfortable, large flat screen and refigerator this was a great place. we will stay here upon our return and reccommend to all our friends.

Room Tip: i notice about three rooms close to duval street and one on truman i would stay away from them, they...
1  Thank david w
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Checked in for one night for a concert in Key West and was surprised how nice this was. We were greeted by the desk clerk who gave us great recommendations for lunch, dinner, desert, breakfast ( a lot of food on this trip) along with coupons. Our room wasn't ready but we were early. The grounds are beautiful and it is far enough from Duval that you don't get the street noise (plus it is on the south end of Duval which is quiet anyways). The room is small but wonderfully done. Comfortable and quiet at night (except for a group of women who thought that 3:00 AM is great time to have a loud conversation by the pool. They left when I asked them to quiet down). They give you two free glasses of wine from the wine bar and a complementary continental breakfast. I will stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the back side of the hotel if you like it real quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ga2rbait
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent the first two nights of our trip here and it was a great way to start the week out. Very convenient location on Duval, near some great dining locations. As noted on here by others, very unique and almost retro feel to this place. The room was a King deluxe (not huge but good size for Key West) with nice bathroom and large shower area. The staff is terrific, especially Brandon who gave us some great tips on where to go (especially the Green Parrot where he told us to check out the archway inside for some added entertainment). The continental breakfast was fine, pleasant and helpful ladies working there. However, one of the nest things here is the bar where you get to meet some interesting fellow travelers and locals. Special thanks also to Tina at the bar for some great tips.

Room Tip: Check out the bar where you will get great tips from the staff and fellow travelers.
1  Thank Joseph A
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying one night at this hotel. I hated to leave!! The entire experience was positive. Kim was lovely to meet, as well as talk to over the phone, when I had a question prior to arriving. The room was extremely clean and well appointed. The shower was quite large. The room had everything we needed. Our room was across from the pool which was nice in the morning when we had our coffee and breakfast. Breakfast was delicious with lots of choices, from pastries to fresh fruit.
The location was fantastic because we could walk wherever we needed to. Lots of great restaurants and shopping nearby.
After leaving the hotel I realized I had left my shoes in the room. Although, by then I was already back home they mailed them to me.
I would definitely return to this hotel except I would stay longer so I could enjoy the pool and surroundings more!!

Room Tip: I stayed next to the pool which was nice. Very quiet room.