“Great value and comfy accommodation.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harborside Motel & Marina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Harborside Motel & Marina
You added Harborside Motel & Marina to your Saves list
Ranked #63 of 86 Key West B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Great value and comfy accommodation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stayed here for one night with my daughter and granddaughter. This is an older small motel with a marina and two or three docked houseboats for rent. The unit we had was a suite situated above the office with its own small deck overlooking the marina. The bedroom had two double beds and there was a daybed in the combined kitchen/living room area. The bathroom and kitchen were upgraded and everything was supplied; we could have happily stayed here for a week or so. We walked to Duval Street in the evening as we knew parking would be difficult downtown - about a 15-minute walk - and enjoyed seeing the neighborhoods; it was quiet and seemed very safe. There is a secluded pool and the property is well kept. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MarieB33_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Grand Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

When I went looking for hotels in Key West on a weekday, the average I was finding was $139+. I called, and a nice lady made a reservation for me for quite a bit less than the average I was finding. I jumped on the deal, and we were impressed from the time we arrived. The gentleman at the desk was friendly and helpful. Our room had the appearance of being freshly remodeled. There was tile throughout instead of carpet, a fridge, microwave, and sink. I was not expecting the kitchen facilities! There are also grills outside, and a nice pool. The time that we spent there was peaceful, as its not located on the main roads. There are several nice walking routes to get to Duval Street, and the taxi ride back at the end of the night was about $8. Its right on the water, and you can even bring your boat here. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about our experience here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank elaineb9000
Medfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Our room/suite appears to have been recently renovated and furnished. The beds were comfortable and we slept soundly. The kitchenette had everything needed to prepare food for ourselves to reduce the number of meals we ate out. Especially liked the outside gas grills to cook the steaks which we ate in the tiki hut. Other rooms were under renovations but the noise and disruption was minimal. Work did not start until after we were up.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank walker1591
Western Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We just stayed there for 2 nite in mid February. Grounds were clean, houseboat was wonderful with free ice if needed. Easy walk time to Duval and quiet. I will go back and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Boat houses sleep 6 if needed and are very clean. They also have onsite laundry which was also clean. Thanks Keywest, can't wait to return

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PuntaBound
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I've stayed at the Harborside at least six times, maybe more. The House boats are terrfic and very comfortable. I have always been treated with respect and courtesy by the staff, especially Rose. I arrived early once and had to stay in one of the Motel rooms for one night. I have to agree with some of the reviews, the rooms are quite sub-standard. However for a couple of fishing buddies, I'm sure they work well for the price.

I have been vacationing in Key West for over 30 years. Got tired of the noise on Duval Street and have been staying on the House Boats for about 10 years. I would recommend the House Boats, not the Motel rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Jacole1946
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

The hotel was easy to find but the rooms were far from decent. They were outdated and the bathroom dirty, we had to put towels on the floor to shower. Bed covers where old and stained, the mattress made toooooo much noise. It really made the trip unpleasant....having to spend the day in the sun then to go sleep in this old run down motel.
There are other hotels better than this in Key West for the same rate.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank colocho117
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We chose to stay here because of the dockage and desperately needed a place to leave our belongings during an overnight trip to The Dry Tortugas. The room was a bit rough, the bed was old, small and stiff! The towells and sheets should have been replaced at least 20 washing cycles earlier. But for a few nights we could rough it. We paid for 3 nights in the room and dockage as well. After taxes about $170.00 a night. What a rip off!We left early in the morning for the Tortuga's and returned the next day around 4:00pm. It was unseasonably hot and we were ready to get into our room and take a nice cool shower. We returned to find our a/c had been shut off ( to save power). Seems they knew we were gone overnight stating "do you know how much it costs to cool a room in Key West?" I didn't care for that answer since I paid for the room even though I wasn't in it. It took hours to get the room comfortable. It was REALLY hot! They also gave my dock spot to someone who checked in that day, "since we were leaving the next day and he was here for a week." My new spot was around the corner from the hotel, no water, no power, no security camera. When I complained that I was paying the same $40.00 a night for the boat as the others who had water etc the desk clerk told me not to give him a hard time and told me I could take my boat elsewhere if I wanted. This clerk was exceptionally rude. But they had me over a barrell and I was stuck for that night. Needless to say I wouldn't reccomend this place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple