The Galleon Resort And Marina
  • Breakfast included
$335
$297
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
$242
$152
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$923
$849
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewstime sharefront streetoverlooking the marinamallory squarerci exchangesmall beachperfect locationgreat tiki barbedroom unitfull kitchenthe penthousegulf of mexicotwin bedsold townhot tubpool towelsbeach area
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We did an RCI exchange from Grand Cayman and had a good time. Do not come for the beach or the diving, but for "Key Weird" site seeing, easy access to all events, shows dining and most of all drinking excursions. We walked to all locations and parked our car in the protected garage for the week. We enjoyed everything, the street performers at Mallory Square, the snorkeling trip, the wave runner around the island of 26 miles at the Resort, the deep sea fishing. We stayed on the 3rd floor of E wing with a view of the water and marina we used the stairs most of the time because the elevators were slow due to 5 floors, The part-time concierge arranged all the 2 for 1 activities. The happy hour before 6 pm at A & B Lobster was half price on drinks and horderves and we ate and drank a bowl of conch chowder, a plate of fried calamari, 1 pound of beer steamed shrimp, and 3 well drinks for $34. Went on the walking ghost tour, saw Hemingway's house(half off being a veteran) with 45 6 toed cats and his last 1936 penny in the cement at the pool, took our picture at the 90 mile point to Cuba and toured the lighthouse and ate at Pepes. The pool and hot tub were clean and very comfortable. The room had been updated to LED tvs and granite in the kitchen with new appliances. If we went back to Key West, we would like to stay there again. Saw Mel Fisher museum.

Room Tip: Even though there were workers (who were polite), replacing 100 tvs and making repairs, they were not really noticed. The staff was polite but we never really encountered them. Meet the concierge and get 2 for 1 coupons and have them make reservations and get tips form them. They were very helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RufusLeaking
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Did an RCI exchange using our Disney Vacation Club and very glad we did! Great location on the coast in old town, within walking distance of Duval street and easy access to old town Key West! Don't come for the beach but do come for the atmosphere, pool, tiki bar and the view! We stayed in D wing which looks like it had been recently remodeled. I was told they are working on C wing now. First day and looking forward to the week ahead!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Don042053
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went as a group of us, 6 to be exact and stayed at the Galleon Resort for Fantasy Fest last October 2012 and loved this resort!! The pool was so big that is was wonderful and the tiki bar
by the pool was awesome! We had a oceanview room and just couldn't believe the view we had! You are so close to everything at this resort that its amazing and cant wait to get back there again!! We loved being able to walk everywhere with no problems! Miss you Galleon Resort!!

Room Tip: You will have no regrets staying at this resort!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liz S
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is great!!! Loved the location right on the water and close to a lot of restaurants, water sports, boardwalk and mallory square. We loved the pool here and pool area. Everyone so nice and would talk. We had a one bed room unit. Just remodeled. Its over looking the water and marina has a bed room with tv balcony doors huge comfy bed. Bathroom has large jetted tub and a separate stand up shower double sink and dressing area. Living room has plenty of seating tv and also balcony doors. Kitchen has two tables to eat at large counters and washer/dryer. This place was so nice the staff was great and so nice. Also have a restaurant on site and two tiki bars. They have pack n plays if you need one for kids. We for sure will be back and stay here again. Loved it!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and realized the AC was making too much noise. Had to beg for a new room, which I didn't have the AC problems. I was initially told there was no one to get permission and would have to call maintenance to verify the problem. I had to push again for a new room. The internet went out one evening and NO one at the front desk knew or could care less about the disconnection. Didn't bother to seek out answers. Didn't get fixed until the next day and later was told it was due to someone had unplugged the connection....really! I traded by HI unit for a very small studio and RCI didn't do a good job of letting me know what to expect. No dishwasher, no sink, no view, no balcony, no ocean view; instead a view of the a large construction container, limited kitchen utilities, only queen bed, no couch (all in one small room); drawers that were broken (asked for repairs; no one came to fix); I had hammers/nails over my bed in the evening hours....construction! Very loud. The maid service was excellent I have to say. I requested to open the door next to me.....vacant as many of the rooms were immediately after labor day.....but they couldn't even follow up on that with RCI until I came back. Later found out they didn't speak to the RCI guy who had authority to do so.....they made the decision themselves. They really didn't care! Overall, I felt cheated that I gave up a resort in HI......for a resort that didn't come close to my exchange. When you ask for an exchange....do not say you are only one person......RCI will give you the California Cracker Box special. Other than my complaints above, it was a marginal experience with much disappointment. Just be aware!!

Room Tip: Don't get the Cracker Box Room.....as I did! You will very disappointed otherwise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo