“Hope to be back next year!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Eden House
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Florida
“Hope to be back next year!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

A fun hotel- great staff, great location, great fun! So peaceful and relaxing....will stay here again if we return to the keys

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

I can't relate to any (of the very few) complaints that I can relate to. It was far nicer than I expected & I am sorry we did not stay longer. The price is a little stiff but it is Key West & bargains are not to be found. The prices here are on the low end of the market.

Parking is tight & if a lot of people bring cars the lot will be full. Look out on the street! Most spots are marked in old, faded, barely visible paint on the pavement "residential only." It would cost about $20 to repaint them such as to be seen but it would eliminate the $35 parking violation fines. The City appears to have made the obvious economic decision.

Before you go out to eat stop by the front desk. They have coupons for most of the better places. We loved the Cafe Sole, just a little over a block away.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

Loved the porch swing - a romantic touch - don't park on the street - you'll get a ticket.
Enjoy the walk to downtown - just a few blocks.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank TheDeltaDog
Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

Beautiful hotel but I just couldn't sleep because the mattress was the worst I have seen in a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast place; and I payed $180 per night.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank CozysTraveler
edenhouse, General Manager at Eden House, responded to this review, May 9, 2009
I went in the room and double checked the mattress and it seemed fine. Those mattresses are Simmons beauty rest. I have one at home myself as does the owner. I was very surprised by your comment because usually people love the beds, we hear that comment a lot. As well as Jenna explained we change them every two years to assure they stay in good condition and we just did it last year. They are rated very high in consumer reports and there is much information about them on the web. These are in all of our rooms that rage from $95-$475 per night. Again I am very sorry your great expectations were not filled. I hope the rest of your experience at the hotel and Key West were good. I will be happy to recommend another hotel to you if you decide to come down to the Florida Keys again.

Cheers
Elizabeth
Eden House
Key West, Florida
Metro Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

We've stayed in Key West four times previously, but since this was the wedding/honeymoon we decided to upgrade our lodgings. I booked Eden House solely on the reviews here at TripAdvisor, carefully reading the bad reviews as well as the good. We were not disappointed! We booked deluxe room (401) with a porch swing and found it was on the first floor right in front the jacuzzi and pool. (Initially I didn't like the first floor location, but I thoroughly enjoyed being so close to the action.) The staff also surprised us with champagne and glasses, I guess I let it slip we were getting married when I made my reservation. Very thoughtful staff here! The grounds are beautiful, and with hammocks all around, there are plenty of quiet places to nap, read or even work if you had to bring it. I also enjoyed hanging out with resident cat, Lobby, on the front porch. We even decided to stay another night and the front desk was able to keep us in the same room. I'm positive we will be back to celebrate our anniversary, and I cannot even fathom staying anywhere else. The Eden House truly is paradise.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank zebstriped
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

Can you find a cheaper room, yep. How bout one with breakfast or a bar? Sure. Eden House is the best cross between resort and B&B. Personal in that you aren't one of the many 'hundreds' they are serving that day, plenty of personal amenities to make you feel at home as well as vacation, but very personal with the friendly staff and guests. Some of these folks have been going there for 20 yrs! Just go out and do your thing, just make sure and come back and tell everyone how much fun you had by the pool.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank blairfan
Auburn AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

My stay at Eden House was thoroughly enjoyable. The hotel grounds are beautiful - lovely trees and plants. The pool is great. The rooms are very nice. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Key West

Stayed January 2009, traveled solo