“Very friendly staff and cute hotel!”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very friendly staff and cute hotel!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Staying at the Eden House was perfect for our 2 night stay. Great location, clean and extremely friendly staff. Willing to call cabs, make reservations for you anywhere, and honestly do anything to make your stay perfect. We had a a semi-private room, so we just shared a bathroom but ran into no problems! I personally hate staying in chain hotels so the quaint and gorgeous Eden House was perfect.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This has become my refuge. I love the relaxing ambience and laid back vibe. Mike Eden and staff you have a wonderful thing going. I plan to return as soon as possible. Thank you!! If you haven't been here before be sure to check out the web site for room descriptions. They are all very unique

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I loved the quirks, the property, the pool and my loft room. I chose the hotel blindly, on short notice and could not have felt luckier. The shaded common areas, happy hour drink cart, and communal suntan lotion were just plain fun. If you want chain hotel treatment, stay at a chain hotel. Eden House is a different kind of experience. I plan to return very soon.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Don R
worcs
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I chose this hotel based on the number of good reviews.I also e mailed saying I wanted a bath ( not shower) and a car parking space.On arrival we were shown to the tiniest bedroom I have stayed in for a long time with a shower.We parked on the road because the car park was full.No one helped with our luggage until I asked.( i noticed 2 ladies checked in after us and they also hauled their own cases upstairs.I then went to reception and said I had asked specifically for a bath and was told they only had one room and that was occupied.I reminded them of my e mails but they said they couldnt find them ( this despite a number of e mails to laura reference eden house inability to take american express.)No breakfast is included.there is a leaflet from mike eden the owner explaining that he provides value for money.At the 300 dollars plus that we paid I dont agree with him.In its favour the location and general ambience are very nice but I cant recommend it in comparison with the other places we stayed on our 14 day tour.

4 Thank patbrownett
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear patbrownbennet,

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Eden House. First of all, your email only requested a bath and unfortunately Laura thought that you meant a private bathroom - a request we hear daily since some rooms share a bathroom. She did not realize that you meant a bath tub until you complained at the front desk, an honest mistake for which we apologized. Secondly, you booked your room through a third party booking engine that clearly states the square footage of the room. Therefore, you knew the size of the room you booked beforehand - so no fair complaining about it now on a public forum. Thirdly, we never guarantee parking (this ain't our first time at the rodeo). You were advised by email that our parking lot (which is also free by the way) has limited spaces and they are first come, first serve. I don't think we can be more clear on that subject.

We are a small boutique hotel with a small staff. We help out whenever we can but we do not have a valet service to carry bags for our guests. Obviously if someone asks we are happy to assist you with luggage and we often do, but there are busy moments when it can slip our minds. People often decline help with bags also so I do not think you can speak for the other ladies. If you are looking for that kind of treatment, I would suggest a larger hotel chain that can afford a staff of bellhops in tiny hats. On that note, we also do not offer breakfast nor do we claim to be a bed and breakfast so I am not sure why you would even bring that up. We do offer complimentary coffee and tea 24 hours a day in the lobby and we put out fruit seasonally in the mornings.

All in all, it looks to me like you didn't really research the place you chose to stay as all of your issues were addressed either by email or in general public information easily found on multiple websites (3rd party booking sites, our own website and even Tripadvisor reviews). If I was going to spend a few bucks on a hotel I'd never been to, you can bet I'm going to read everything I can find (or what the hotel sends me) on what to expect and we as a business put it all out there to avoid this kind of confusion. No good deed, right?

Better luck next time,
Mike Eden
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have booked one nite but extended our stay thanks to the lovely hotel and staff that we experienced. One of the most charming hoteli have ever visited. Some of the rooms (ours) was very small. But the rest.....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan H
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at Eden House for 2 nights as part of a surprise birthday trip for my husband to Key West. I truly loved this place! The pool, hot tub, and sundeck area is wonderful. Lush foliage, fountains, bridges, hammocks, a gazebo swing for two... they've really put a lot of attention into the details! The standard rooms aren't large, but are very clean, well appointed, and they made good use of the smaller spaces. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and provided a tour of the property upon check in. The lobby has free coffee and water, and $1 cans of beer upon request. They also provide free sunscreen and other essentials in the lobby. The hotel is several blocks from the water and Duval Street, but within easy walking distance for able-bodied people. I would definitely stay at Eden House in the future!

Danville, IL
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Loved the hotel, the pool and gardens are awesome, staff was great, helped us with everything we asked about - stayed valentine day week x4 nights - pool was like bathwater, nice hot tub - good happy hour - close enough to walk everywhere, got a bike rental right there at the hotel - however we did not like our room - small deluxe with a queen bed - so small there was barely room to walk around the bed once we got all our stuff in there - room 108 - would not recommend it for a couple - the toilet and shower was like a closet - if you were on the toilet it's about 3 feet to the bed! talk about intimacy - and the a/c is a window unit right above the bed - bed was very comfortable, it was very quiet - so bottom line is I will stay here again but definitely not in a small deluxe - we did get some recommendations from the staff about future rooms to ask for - we didn't ask to change this time because we already had everything unpacked and to be honest we weren't in the room all that much