Eden House
$329
Travelocity
$330
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$277
$175
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$1,019
1,871 results
All reviewshappy hourporch swingazur restaurantsmall deluxehammock areadeluxe roomduval streetlaid backhot tubiced teaother guestsold townfront porchrented bikesold key westgrounds are beautifulfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We can't say too many good things about our stay here! This unique property is comprised of several buildings, so each room is unique -- not your 'typical' hotel in this and many other ways. We were welcomed by Laura who gave us a brief tour of the [beautiful!] grounds. We had arrived just in time for the complimentary poolside happy hour which promptly got us into the 'Key West zone', then planned our subsequent days around being back at Eden House for this enjoyable daily ritual.

Eden House is in a primo location -- close enough to walk to everything, yet far enough away from the riff-raff. The lobby is quaint with its historical charm. The small store offered nice postcards, T-shirts, and other handy items. It became apparent very quickly that this was a place where the guests seemed to be regulars or referred by friends, so things were shared -- conversations & tips about what to do and see, food at happy hour, sunscreens, books, bicycles, etc. -- made for a unique and wonderful stay. We didn't worry about theft when leaving our wet clothes or cooler out on our porch overnight. Laura even lent me her wetsuit when I went snorkeling!

We loved many of the nearby restaurants including Azur next door (ate three of our four breakfasts here -- try the omelets and the fruit/yogurt) where you get a 15 or 20% discount because you're a guest at Eden House. DELICIOUS 'nicer' dinner at Sarabeths; was recommended by a fellow EH guests and it did not disappoint!! Nice lunch at Banana Cafe (French bistro) after our Hemmingway House and Butterfly House tours -- both highly recommended. We enjoyed more casual seafood dinners at Half Shell Raw Bar, the Schooner Wharf Bar (great live music!) and Turtle Kraals -- all easy walking destinations over at the water.

The only unfortunate experience was our room on the first evening -- it was in a room at the top of the steps in the main building, so unfortunately we heard lobby noise, smoking balcony noise, and other late-night noise. In the morning we asked to change rooms; Randy at the front desk couldn't have been kinder and moved us to a room that was further back in the property. The two rooms in which we stayed (basic King rooms; we didn't upgrade to bigger suites) were small & basic but clean and very adequate. Who wants to be in their room anyway in Key West? We have already recommended this place to three other couples and will come back again and again to visit.

P.S. I hesitate to write this review, because I don't want others to know what a great gem this is -- I don't want to find it full next time I try to book it. :) Seriously, THANK YOU to everyone at Eden House!

Room Tip: Ask for something in the back -- generally more quiet.
1  Thank Laura J
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Eden House after having done some nights in South Beach and then Big Pine Key. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. We got there early but they had a room ready for us (and they welcomed us with a free beer each!). The rooms are small and basic, but very comfortable and clean. Nothing to complain about. The pool and center courtyard is such a lovely little oasis, you feel like you're away from it all - it's small but again very clean and well maintained along with their hot tub. Overall I was really impressed with the type of guests this hotel seems to attract. Everyone was quiet and respectful so it creates a really lovely atmosphere. Definitely NOT a party hotel, which is what we were looking for. I was also very impressed with the restaurant that is right around the corner, we went there for dinner one night and had a great meal. Overall the only thing I'd mention is that it is a bit of a walk away from the main drag. I'd say about 20 minutes or so. If you're staying there for several days I'd recommend a scooter or renting a bike - it's an easy way to still get around Key West but still get back to this wonderful boutique hotel and rest and relax!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked our stay at Eden House after a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed! From the moment we checked in, we felt welcomed and relaxed. We had a deluxe room which was very nice and only steps from the pool. We loved the pool area and met a lot of other guests...especially during the complimentary happy hour which everyone seemed to look forward to. We also enjoyed the hammocks tucked away in the beautiful gardens. Once we arrived, we did not need our car. The location of Eden House cannot be beat as it is situated on a quiet street, but you are only a short walk to Duval Street and to the Harbor Walk. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Room 401 is a deluxe room just steps from the pool with its own porch with a porch swing.
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I loved this place -- relaxing and fun. My husband and I were here for five nights and I could have stayed another week, unwinding amid the beautifully scaped surroundings, swimming in the pool, enjoying an on-the-house-mix-your-own happy hour cocktail (nice touch!), a soak in the hot tub, etc. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. I will return! Now, I'm not sure if I was smitten by Key West or if it was Eden House that did it, but I'll never know because when I do return I will stay nowhere else but Eden. Thanks to all who made it a great stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our deluxe rm. w/shady, screened in porch (301). Ground level, away from the pool, private, but close to everything. Eden House is a small place, so no matter where you stay, you're close to pool and main building. Next time, I might like to take the room above with a balcony instead of porch (though we liked porch) to have a view of the the sky and treetops.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mrsp14
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent two nights at the Eden House. We were geeted promptly and provided information about the property. We were walked to our room and given a tour of the property enroute. As others have mentioned there are several buildings, previous homes, that are now part of the Eden House complex.

The center area is the pool and spa. It was used by many of the guest, not us do to our other activities.

There is also a sun deck and hammocks to stretch out in if you like. Happy hour at 4PM-5PM in the pool area.

We had a "Private Room" A small room that was perhaps a bungalow in its old days. A double bed, we were expecting a queen. Not much room to move around or place your luggage. Room was #109. I would suggest looking for something larger with a queen and a TV. We had no TV.

Ammenities are available at the front desk if you ask. Like a hair dryer.

We found the water pressure in the shower to be very low and almost a trickle. Got some getting used to, but you could take a shower with the low pressure. Would like a stronger spray.

We advised them that the ceiling fan was dirty as we looked up at it from our bed and they cleaned it upon being notified. There was also mold on the shower ceiling from a lack of circulation in the room that needed attention.

It is about a 15 minute walk to Duval street and other sites to be seen in Key West.

The staff is most helpfull and full of suggestions and information for your activities in the area.

Room Tip: Find out what size bed you will have in advance and what other ammenities are in the room, like a TV if you want one.
4  Thank IrvineTraveler71