“Perfect style of Key West”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Perfect style of Key West”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Samantha, at the desk ,greeted us by nameand gave us alittle tour and a beer. Our room was ready early and she cheerfully explained about happy Hour etc. where to get towels, ice machine. We had a deluxe room with porch swing , i think it was 116, which faced away from the pool for more privacy and overlooking great foliage and the hammocks.. Room was still small - no where to really put luggage, but the bed was comfortable, a/c great and a refrigerator in the room a treat. We were within walking distance from Duval and other points of interest. We rented bikes for one day and it had been years since i rode a back peddle bike and with a basket, in which, i put my pocketbook and water, it took a few blocks till got my bearing and balance. the lock system is easy to work. make sure you get one that has a bell, otherwise, there would have been some casulaties on my first few blocks.. The pool was great, with some shade and some sun. Not many people there the week we were there and most people got to know each other.esp. during the open happy hour! The staff made suggestions on things to do and we and some other guests did a mimosa sail recommened by our pal, Samantha. Kevin was also cool.
I understand it is a small boutique Inn, but the poor staff were sweating in the lobby,tv, coffee area. maybe some a/c in the lobby??
Will definately return and the location is great if i could, i would live there!!
Will be back and recommend this place to others!

Room Tip: try to get a balconey
4 Thank Blackiefazz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm writing this review based on a solo travel trip for 5 nights in October. The '5 star' review is absolutely based on the superb staff reception from start to finish, along with the relaxed vibe that the hotel gives off. Upon arrival I instantly relaxed and everyone went out of their way to make me feel welcome. So many of the guests were repeat visitors and it is testament to the welcoming atmosphere and relaxing nature that makes people want to return.

Room-wise could have been better. It was the small deluxe room. It had a decent bed, cold AC, good shower and was very clean. On top of that it wasn't special, so for the room alone I couldn't rate it more than a 3star. But then again, you don't go to Eden House, or the Keys for the room ;)

The hotel location is ideal, and about a 10 minute walk from Duval Street.
Key West Water Tours is a must do excursion - see my other review ;)

Overall the review is based on the 'returnability' factor and I 100% promise that the next time I am in the Keys, I will be staying at Eden House.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank hawkeye5252
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

On my arrival at Eden House my heart sank. I thought I was a seasoned traveller and a hotel know it all. Having been used to the efficient and hygienic hotels of south beach I was shocked when I walked into the lobby and looked around me. It looked more like a hostel than a hotel.

As this was a booking that I did not make I was not expecting much. What I received however was a whole other kettle of fish. Eden house is hands down, one of the most AMAZING hotels I have ever had the privilege of staying at. From the moment the front desk staff member laid eyes on my boyfriend and I we were made to feel part of the family. There was another couple in front of us who were checking in and therefore we took a seat to wait our turn. No sooner where our bums on the seats when we were offered a complimentary drink and were informed that we would be getting our personal tour just as soon as the couple in front of us were finished theirs.

Already my spirits were lifted. A couple of slugs into our beer and we were already checked in and making our way through the gardens to our room. Eden House is just the most relaxing and enjoyable place to stay. I immediately felt the stress of my job and life melt away. We were shown to our room, and although it was small, it was perfect! The towels were fresh and the air con was cool. We were shown where the ice maker was, where the vending machine was and we were informed that we could buy cold beer at the desk for a ‘buck’ a tin.

Regardless of the free Happy Hour, our whole stay at this Hotel was a Happy one. Originally we were scheduled in for two night at Eden but after the first swing on the hammock I knew we would be staying longer! With another night quickly booked we took off to enjoy all that Key West had to offer and it was a lot.

On our final night we were discussing where to have dinner when my boyfriend mentioned to me that I seemed extremely chilled. I told him that it was the experience of staying at Eden that had helped. He then proceeded to propose to me on the balcony outside our room overlooking the pool!! I quickly accepted and we sealed our commitment with a cold beer, from reception of course!!

Eden House will always be in our memories as it is now part of our history together. I can not wait to return and to once again experience one of the best kept and managed hotels I have been lucky enough to have stayed at!! I would recommend this place to anyone with a need to relax and simply enjoy what life has to offer!!

Room Tip: There are different rooms available. If you are planning a longer stay, upgrade to receive your own...
5 Thank Katherine G
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love this place. Really gives you a taste of Key West. The buildings are great. The pool area although very small does work. Happy hour. Which is less than an hour thanks to the bottomless 50's yr olds who seem to plan their day around these 45 minutes of free alcohol is a nice thought. The rooms are tiny. No TV. You can sit on your bed and brush your teeth in the sink. Get my point? But the AC was cold. The towels were fresh. The bed wasn't great but it was clean.

So what is my problem? The Staff. The daytime staff is amazing. Personable, helpful and down right cheery. Kevin made our weekend. The overnight staff was a whole other story. Since we had no TV. We were sitting in the open air lobby watching MLB playoffs and the 1st overnight guy had no personality. Was short and rude to me and then was a downright jerk to some people that wanted to change their room. If I could use a different word for this guy I would. Tonight. Different guy same result. Rude and unfriendly.

It's a shame that with all this good I'm still going to have a sour taste in my mouth. This place should fire it's night workers.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Cc4part41
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Cc4part41,

I am so sorry for your experience with our night staff. I want to assure you that changes will be made and the night staff (those that are still with us) will be working on their social skills. It is too bad that all the work and effort that is put in by most of my staff to make your experience here at the Eden House a good one can be negated by one or two personality free people. Again, I am sorry and I hope you will return someday and let us here at the Eden House try to make it up to you.

Mike Eden and most of my staff
Yosemite National Park, California
Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the moment we arrived at the Eden House to the moment we left we knew it was not like other hotels, it was better. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to give us advice on things to do in Key West. Kevin, who works the front desk, had champagne sent up to our room when he overheard it was someone in our party's birthday (he was so friendly and great our whole stay). The place was perfect for us (two "thiry-something" couples), from the 24 hour pool and jacuzzi, to the make-your-own-cocktail happy hour, to the free beer on arrival. I just can't say enough good things! Thanks for an awesome time Eden House!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Annah128
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thank you Eden House for a lovely weekend! My husband and I had a great time and will definitely recomended you to others in the future. I adored our little bathroom with a little french bathtub. It felt like an escape from reality....

7 Thank Zuzana M
Maryland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a great time in Key West and Eden House was an amazing spot to stay. They thought of everything. Coffee, tea, and water was always available. They had a self serve happy hour cart so you could make yourself a drink. There was towels to take with us for our excursion and sunscreen to use. Our bed was very comfortable, the room was neat and the air conditioner kept us cool with the warm weather. The staff was great and the owner stopped and talked with us for awhile about this and that. The grounds at the hotel is beautiful. We didn't rent a car and walked everywhere. It was far enough off Duvall and the busyiness but within walking distance. My husband and I would definitely stay here again.

5 Thank mmettravel