“Cozy, quiet,clean & comfortable with great amenities!”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in a loft room. It was fabulous and cozy with a large porch in front of the hotel. The place is immaculate! We loved pool and hot tub. The staff was friendly and very helpful with information about the island. The staff also showed us the hotel and explained about beverages and other amenities provided to the guests.

Room Tip: The lofts are great especially if there are more than two people or you have traveling with a group.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Schilt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place was absolutely fabulous! Upon arrival the front desk clerk was very friendly (and gave us our complimentary beer & soda). He explained the hotel amenities & then gave us a tour as he walked us to our room. We stayed in one of the loft style rooms. It was VERY clean. It had a balcony swing to relax. The grounds were so welcoming. Hammocks, pool, happy hour. There is complimentary coffee & tea in the lobby 24 hours a day. Staying here is like staying at a friend's house. I will definitely be going back here on my next ride down to Key West. It's about 6 blocks from Duval St., which is good after a night out of drinking. It's centrally located yet on a quiet street. This place is a gem in Key West.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank MiNena77
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just got back to NY from Key West and I can't wait until I get to go back. When I do I will most def stay at Eden House again. The staff was fantastic. The premises were very clean and the lobby area had beverages and clean towels etc. Pretty much anything you really would need. The pool area is amazing. Free happy hour was a really nice bonus as well. They greet you with a cold drink. I just don't know what else to stay. Close enough to duval street and the pier to walk but off enough where you can sleep in peace. I don't know what else to say. It was a great value for my hard earned money and I was very happy.

6  Thank Jamie D
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Hi Jamie D,

I think you said it all and your payola check will be in the mail the first of the year. Your review was so nice that I couldn't have said it any better. I never tire of hearing from a happy guest and we will try to improve Eden House a bit more before your next visit.

Happy Hour is a 4pm and don't be late,
Mike Eden and Staff

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 9/13-9/18. We had a room inside which was small but comfortable with a flat screen TV and refrigerator. I would recommend getting a room that opens onto the porch(both ground floor and second floor) as they have chairs or porch swings. Pool was small but big enough to cool off and how much time are you going to hang around the pool anyway. The happy hour was nice but we barely made it back to the hotel for it as it's from 4-5pm(would have preferred 5-6pm). Staff was very nice(i cannot understand some of the comments otherwise). It was a big biker weekend in Key West and I was a little put off when we were told the parking lot was reserved only for motorcycles for the weekend(I mean i book a room from Thursday-Tuesday and i'm not allowed to use the parking lot over the weekend?) but we found a spot about a half block away and didn't move the car till Monday anyway. i loved the fact that they provide free sunscreen and they have pretty full library. I read a scathing review in which the reviewer complained about the bicycle, The bikes were your typical beach cruisers and they were fine so ignor that guys comments.

Room Tip: ask for an outside room
4  Thank bdavey385
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Hi bdavey385,

You are so right about havong happy hour from 4 to 5pm. We used to have it start at 4pm in the winter and 5pm in the summer because of daylight savings time. Inevitably something would happen and we would forget to change it and 5 to 6pm in the winter is too late. So we left it at 4pm and that way our guests can still make it to sunset regardless of what time of year it is. Does that make sense? I hope so. It kinda makes sense to me... then again I have lived here for 37 years and what was up is now down and vice versa. We were written up in the Tacoma, Washington newspaper several years back and they said, "come to Eden House and miss the sunset." Go figure.

I'm sorry about the parking situation. If it ever happens again just mention it to the front desk and we can get your car in the parking lot and start the reserved area for the bikes a spot over. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you drop in again sometime down the road.

See ya,
Mike Eden

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Key West, staying at the Eden House. We really enjoyed this hotel. It was charming, quiet, well located for exploring, and with a great staff. We had lots of questions about the activities and restaurants and got lots of good advice, especially from Mary Beth. There is a lovely pool area to relax in, a happy hour in late afternoon, hammocks, a gazebo. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Karen S
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I love this place it was our first trip to Keywest with out our kids and this place is perfect location walking distance to everything the staff is great and the grounds are beautiful I researched for days before picking this location and now that we are here realized it was the best one by far the pool and hot tub are very well kept I highly recommend the Eden house and I will be joining there regulars program

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank McGunnL
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our host had thought of everything right down to sun cream and mosi spray there for you to use when needed , a free drink on arrival and a free happy hour , coffee in the lobby 24hours a day a small gift shop The rooms were nicely furnished and the surroundings were lush and exotic . The staff so friendly and helpful , what more could you ask for .

6  Thank nornimay