“Beautiful Gardens and pool....small expensive rooms”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Beautiful Gardens and pool....small expensive rooms”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The gardens are beautiful, as is the pool area. The staff is friendly. The place has a classic look.
For over $250 a night, however, I expected more from my room. It was walk-in closet sized - so small that the bed partially blocked the door. No TV. I stayed here for only 2 of the nights I was in Key West as my usual place was booked on those nights. Next time I'll go back to my regular place.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank ArlJeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed February 5, 2012

After many hours of reviewing hotels on Trip Advisor I chose the Eden house. I travel on 4 major vacations a year and couldn't not have been more impressed. Friendly staff, $1 beers :), free happy hour by the pool. How can you go wrong? Also not to mention, comfortable lobby, relaxing hammocks, spotless hotel room, comfortable bed... This was the most relaxing place I have ever stayed. My only regret is that we only stayed for 4 nights. I can't wait to stay at the Eden house again.

7 Thank Jessie F
Key West, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We discovered the Eden House via a random internet search over 10 years ago! We had stayed numerous other places in Key West prior to that - condos, large resorts, etc. I narrowed the search down to 3 places, one of which was the Eden House and presented them to my husband...based strictly on the websites, he chose the Eden House...we knew as soon as we arrived we had made the right choice! The whole Eden House staff, from the "welcoming committee" at the front desk, to the housekeeping crew, to the grounds keepers and those behind the scenes keep things running smoothly are awesome!! We have returned to the Eden House to many times to count & it's always like coming home! Over the years we have enjoyed making priceless family memories here and now our boys are bringing their friends! We have a large circle of Eden House friends & each time we leave, we leave with a few more! Mike Eden is more than just the owner of this piece of paradise - he is the essence of the Eden House - he routine shows up for the complimentary happy hour at the pool to mingle with those of us fortunate enough to have found this place...the location makes anything and everything you want to do in Key West a breeze, there are bikes to rent on scene, Azur restaurant next door is amazing and will bring your breakfast or lunch right over to the pool for you & give you a 20% discount to boot! The front desk staff is there to assist you with suggestions and or reservations for any type of adventure you might be up for! The chairs on the front porch are my favorite and have been there forever...a great place for a cup of coffee, a breakfast sandwich from 5 Brothers, an afternoon nap or just to watch the world go by. The rooms range from semi privates (you share the bathroom with the room next door to an entire house with a full kitchen and everything in between...the beds are awesome, great mattresses, pillows and bedding! Ok, I'll stop already...I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you don't enjoy the Eden House, you probably shouldn't even be in Key West =)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MrsDerf3652
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This was my fourth FantasyFest (not consecutive years) at Eden House. The hotel is wonderfully maintained, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The owner is present on a regular basis, instead of the typical absentee or corporate owner you will find at many Key West hotels.

Eden House appears to have many guest who stay there frequently, and I can understand why. Don't forget to eat at Azure, the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Choose poolside..........you're in Key West!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Black_Rock_City
Maryland
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We loved this place. The free happy hour is a plus. Our room was clean and comfortable. Wifi worked great. The hot tub was heaven, the staff and management were helpful and friendly. We came to Key West to get married but with no plan. We explained that to the staff and they helped make arrangements. The "library" with the hammocks was so gorgeous and the waterfalls and foliage so pretty, we got married right there!!! Thanks to the Mikes, Gina, Fred and all the repeat guests we had a super wedding trip and are planning our first anniversary there already!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Marysland
Papeete, French Polynesia
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Staff is so friendly with zero attitude. Nice people here.
True that it is a little bit expensive, but come on guys, you are in the Key West!
The hotel is well located (downtown and walking distance for all major sites and Duval street). We have stayed in a room with a shared bathroom for less than $200 per night which was very good.
The parking is free which is not common in this area...

Go for it! I will go back again

2 Thank HongKongStars
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2012

A local resident suggested the Eden House for our brief stay in Key West. What a find! Great location for walking all over the old town, helpful staff, parking (very difficult in Key West and here it is first come first served, but we had no problem), nice rooms and a lovely pool. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Kind of expensive, but every hotel or inn in Key West is expensive in season.
2 Thank NancyB09