“Very nice and atmospheric small hotel”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vantaa, Finland
“Very nice and atmospheric small hotel”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Great!

Realxed and friendly atmosphere. Helpful staff. Free parking. Good breakfast available in the restaurant just next to this hotel. Nice pool area.

Room wasn't that big, maybe even little outdated, but still very nice. And somehow it feels that room in this hotel should be like that. Room was very clean.

Location was good. Quite near to bars, etc. But far enough to good sleep...

Generally very nice place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Olli_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
lansing
Reviewed December 12, 2011

You can't get any closer to the heart of key West than the Eden House. Quiet, laid back and yet close to Duval St. and all the nightlife. The pool and hot tub are an added bonus, and the price is right. Definitely worth a few nights or longer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank RaSteve
Sandy Spring, MD
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Eden House is Fabulous. The environment is truly "Eden"; the staff is marvelous and friendly/helpful. Even the guests are FUN. Elizabeth's creativity and Mike's ingenuity can be seen everywhere -- from the relaxing pool/waterfall, to the porch chairswings, new/updated accomodations (outdoor showers!), the giftshop (with local artists' wares), bike rentals, livingroom/lounge -- even the friendly front desk! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Key West, and if I didn't have to return to reality, I would never leave!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Minda L
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have never had a vacation that didn't include visiting family, until this past November. I chose Key West, Florida because I wanted sunshine and warm weather; a big departure from Alaska. The staff at the Eden House provided the sunshine and warmth needed, even on the one day it rained. Everyone was so helpful and full of information whenever I had a question. It is my intention to make KW a regular travel spot and the Eden House the only place I will ever stay. The website that Mike has setup for the Eden House is perfect for a first time visitor to KW to help decide on the places to visit. Way to go guys...you have hooked a new fan!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 221 and it is the perfect size for 1 person or for 2 people with little luggage. I...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank kathyl497
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I arrived at the Eden House and was handed a cold beer. After checking in, being shown around by the desk clerk and putting my bags in my room Happy Hour started by the pool!
This is a great friendly,laid back,fun hotel. There were people from all over that all got together around the pool and became friends. The staff helped make it a great stay.
Don't go if your looking for modern luxury because it is more old style confortable.
My room was on the first floor (#109) and was just right for Kew West. Didn't even miss TV, one night I watched some on my laptop by the pool with headphones.
It is within walking distance to everything. Just far enough from Duval St. to sober up a little.
Not sure if I'll get back to KW but I'd certainly stay at the Eden again

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank dp122800
LAS VEGAS
Reviewed December 1, 2011

So glad I found Eden House. What a terrific place with a great staff. Thank you so much for making my stay in Key West so enjoyable. I can't wait to come back. Eden House will always be my 'home' when in Key West.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Leslie724
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 29, 2011

What a find! Such a hip, reasonably priced, fun place to stay in KW. The pool is an oasis of R&R, they even have a complementary happy hour every day by the pool. The staff are friendly and helpful. Free tea and coffee, internet and a printer and such ambience. The location is also great, with easy parking and close to lots of great restaurants. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank rockymntgypsy
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Rockymntgypsy,

I do appreciate you calling us hip. Us old farts love to think we are hip. Elizabeth keeps telling me that I need to thank you good reviewers...so thank you very much for you nice words. I hope next time you are on the rock you will let me buy you a drink or two at our complimentary happy hour.

See ya, Mike Eden