“beyond excellent Experience”

Coconut Mallory Resort And Marina
Ranked #56 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Coconut Mallory has been the greatest vacation experience in a very long time and this is saying a lot since I travel so often. This place offers you an atmosphere like no other which allows you to completely relax and puts you straight in that vacation vibe. Also if I were to tell you the service is outstanding that would be a complete understatement. Everyone is so extremely friendly and nice that it feels like you knew them for years. As soon as you get there the staff makes you feel so welcome. The property manager Jen was the GREATEST. She gave us wonderful ideas of things we should explore down there as far as restaurants, beaches, fishing spots and everything else in Key West thats worth a try. Overall Coconut Mallory is a marvelous resort and should receive nothing less than 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Judy j

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and children stayed at the Coconut Mallory in August 2012; the rooms were spacious and the bathrooms very clean. The full kitchen was great; not just a small space to heat food up - the kitchen has a full frig and stove - awesome. Just outside the master bedroom was a balcony with table and chairs to relax at the end of the day. My husband and son enjoyed fishing off the dock in the back of the establishment. The office was very helpful and suggested several places to eat and things to do. I would definately come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sheri A
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked our stay in advance... never been to this place, nor the keys, but the pictures looked great. As soon as we walked into the place you were first hit by the realization that it looks NOTHING like the pictures. The only things updated were the countertops and upstairs shower. Our soap dispenser fell off the wall within 30 minutes of us walking in. There were little ant like bugs crawling all over the countertops and tables. The floors looked dirty and the whole place smelled weird. We found someone's sock that must have been left behind from the previous guest right out in the open so I doubt they cleaned much. When we went to complain they pretty much told us too bad, there was nothing they could do about it. I had to move the dresser in front of my door at night to make sure my child wouldn't get out at night and fall down there horrible metal stairs. There were also raccoon's all over the pool area. I honestly would spend my money somewhere else. The place is awful and the customer service is horrible.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Candi B
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I just got back from a week's timeshare exchange at the Coconut Mallory in Key West and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the resort. We really didn't experience any of the negatives a lot of people said they experienced with the resort.

We were able to check in early. Our plane arrived at 11:00 and we got to the resort around noon. I spoke to the front desk staff and they were very friendly and helpful. I asked about early check-in and they said my room wasn't ready but if I left my number they would call when it was. We went for lunch and by 12:30 they called and we were in our room by 1:00.

This place is not a luxury resort in comparison to a Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott. These are condo style rooms which are very nice. We had a two bedroom unit which consisted of a kitchen and living room downstairs, and two bedrooms / two baths upstairs. It was essentially a two bedroom apartment.

The grounds of the complex are very nice. The pools and marina are also nice. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There is no housekeeping, but you can exchange your towels during the week.

Again, we didn't experience anything negative during our stay here, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a view of the water.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mxh202
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My newly wife and me loved it there. Everything was great. Just tw way we liked it.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Rohan3ni
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I hope that all those that had problem dont go back!!!! it will leave more open date's for those of us that enjoyed this place! Clean, it could use a little up dating, but your not staying at the Ritz Carlton! Nice location away from the party streets of Duval. We came in late, called they put our key where we could get it with on problem. Our trip was to fast to talk about buying here,but this would be the place to buy!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Staying here with friends who have a Wyndham time share, which they've had numerous fabulous experiences with around the country and in the Caribbean. Rented this place, which is an Interval property, with understanding that boat slip could be rented for $53 per week because they were an owner. So we pulled our boat 800 miles down here...ready for a fun-filled fishing week. When we get here, the extremely unpleasant office staff informed us that it was $66 PER DAY to keep the boat here...even on the trailer in the parking lot!! They said our friends had to be owners at this property to qualify for the reasonable price...but couldn't make that plain 800 miles ago. Needless, to say we have made other arrangements for the boat and have an extremely sour taste in our mouth for this place. On top of that, the whole place is not the quality we usually expect for a Wyndham property. The hole in the side of the bath tub and the crappy blinds that let sun in the bedroom are a particularly nice touch. Even better, is the unit's location right beside Roosevelt, which is like trying to sleep beside a four lane highway...after we were told we would have an individual unit further into the property. Beware!!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, be sure you get a unit away from the road...and get it in writing, as yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends