All reviews free shuttle courtyard marriott every half hour horseshoe crabs shuttle van building c no elevator pool area shuttle service old town two room suite duval street hot tub small beach overlooking the water free breakfast the hotel offers
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The public space is warm and inviting. It's comfortable and offers lots of options for privacy. The Bistro serves a very nice selection of breakfast and lunch items, prepared well. Rooms are very clean (my biggest concern always), quiet and comfortable. Balconies are small but private. The verandas and deck areas offer further possibilities for private lunch or reading/relaxing and even birdwatching on the waterfront. Pool and whirlpool areas are large and surrounded by lovely vegetation, creating yet another quiet, secluded spot. All of the wait staff, with one exception, and other personnel were especially friendly and helpful, very low-key, adding to the relaxing atmosphere. The Bistro and front desk personnel were especially wonderful. The exercise room could be larger.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fell0wtraveler48
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I've travelled to Key West over ten times in the last decade due to the fact that my brother lives there, and this is by far the best hotel I've stayed at.

After checking out of a budget hotel that I booked on Hotwire due to the quality or lack thereof of that place, the Courtyard really saved my trip. I paid a good amount for my room, close to $200 if I remember correctly, but I would not complain for a second about anything as that is a reasonable rate for a hotel of this class in Key West.

The location is good, being a short distance away from Duval Street, though not close enough to walk, but that is the norm for Key West unless you are staying in a 4 star place in Old Town. It is on the water, but don't really think "beach resort" as it's more of just a sun bathing area. The pool, however, was excellent as well as the hot tub which is big and has a canopy around it.

My room was gorgeous, overlooking the pool which I think all the rooms were as I believe that's what a Marriott "Courtyard" seeks to achieve as the hotels all seem to be configured the same way so that the pool area acts as the heart of the premises. The bed was so wonderful, the bathroom great, and the hotel and room itself were completely immaculate.

I would recommend this place to anyone and I assure you that you will not be disappointed with choosing this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2011

On Christmas Day, we checked into the Courtyard Marriott. We were a group of five. Our Mother, our two sisters, my husband and myself. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the suite we reserved. The rooms were very large and could easily accomodate a group of 8 or 10 if children. The bedrooms consisted of one king room, a room with two queens and a sofa sleeper, as well as a sofa sleeper in the living room. We had a balcony with view of the water and the convenience of a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel staff was very accomodating and a shuttle runs every half hour to the downtown waterfront area. There is also a Starbucks in the hotel which was an added plus.
It was too cold for us to use the pool, but they also have a heated spa. They have a Tiki Hut Bar outside that serves drinks. I recommend this location even though it's not in the heart of town. Restaurants and shopping is also located across the street.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We went for a day trip to Keywest, FL and decided to stay overnight. We walked in at the Courtyard to see if they have any room available. They did so we stayed for the night. At the check in they immediately gave us the information for the approximate time of the sunset and the best place to view it. They also have a shuttle that goes to the downtown area which is where the best viewing area. The shuttle saved us money and time and teh drivers were all very accomodating. Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We rode our Harley to Keys and wanted to stay where we could park bike until we left; however it was expensive staying near Duvall. We found that this Courtyard had a shuttle to take you downtown. This was our second trip to Keys and we enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. We paid 1/2 what we paid last time yet we had very good room in back building looking out over canal. Boardwalk had chairs for relaxing and pool was very nice with tiki bar. If you don't have to stay on Duval save your bucks and stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple