All reviewsfree shuttlecourtyard marriottevery half hourhorseshoe crabsshuttle vanbuilding cpool areashuttle serviceold towntwo room suiteduval streethot tubsmall beachoverlooking the waterstarbucks coffeefree breakfastthe hotel offers
Reviewed September 7, 2017

If you have stayed at other Courtyard by Marriot's you might be disappointed with the room itself. (See my review of the St.Augustine Beach Courtyard). Their are different buildings surrounding a beautiful pool and I stayed in the small building facing the street. I got the feeling that the rooms in the main building and maybe the back building were better, but I'm not sure. First, I reserved late so I was only able to get a two room suite the for around $250 for three nights. I checked back the next day and they had a room with two queens open for my second two nights for $150 so I was able to change the reservation. When I got there I noticed they checked me in to the one room for three nights, so I was suspicious. They looked into it and saw that they in fact just let me stay in the two room suite for the three nights with the second two nights at the price of one room - so I was pleased with that. The TV was not a smart TV so we weren't able to watch Netflix or Youtube - great for me but kids are addicted. The bathrooms were just the traditional bathtub with a curtain instead of the more luxurious walk-in shower of some other hotels. The building I stayed in was more like a motel you might see on I-95 with two floors and entrance to the rooms directly form the outside rather than an interior hallway. The view of the pool though was fantastic and the pool itself was nice, one of the bigger hotel pools I've seen. Remember to pick up your towels for the pool from the front desk. Ask for the shuttle it was very comfortable and reliable in both directions. It's free but I threw the driver $5 each way. I would recommend this hotel but I would see if maybe they have rooms in the main building or on the water side away from the main street. All in all a fun time.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in main building not facing the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

It was a pleasure hosting you and your family during your recent trip to Key West. Thank you for letting us know that everyone had a fun time in our pool and that the shuttle service made your stay more comfortable. We're also happy that we were able to assist you in getting a lower rate during your visit. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you felt with our TV and with the bathroom setup. Our staff wants everyone to have the best possible visit, so we'll look at what can be done to address your comments. If you find yourself in the area in the future, we welcome you to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Hotel was sub-par for a Marriot. It probably doesn't help there are two on the island and this one is the cheaper one.

One of the perks is that there is a free shuttle that takes you downtown every half-hour.

However, the toilet broke and kept running when we first got in. Maintenance fixed it, but did the minimal and it broke again. I looked into it myself and the seal wouldn't shut unless there was some water in the toilet to for pressure.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tah T
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to downtown Key West. It is unfortunate that there were other aspects of our hotel that detracted from your stay. Our maintenance team strives to correct issues that guests have but we apologize that our staff wasn't able to fix the problem. We will be addressing your concerns as we always want to provide guests with the best stay possible. Once again, we appreciate your review. Please think about giving us another chance to give you the experience you deserve.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

A very fine hotel with a good bed and a clean room. Nice view at the swimming pool. Perfect for a short stay. The breakfast is possible but as in many hotels not cheap..
clean bathroom and nice towels..
This hotel is located near the centrum and they offer free shuttle bus to the centrum of key west .. 2 x a hour ..

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Sabine,
Thank you for your wonderful five-star review! We are delighted to be recognized as a fine property. Our cleanliness and great view are only part of the many reasons to pay us a return visit! As you noted, we help our guests get connected to the heart of the Key with a shuttle bus and our convenient location. Most of all, our friendly and welcoming atmosphere helps our valued guests make memories every day. Come back soon to the Courtyard by Marriott Key West Waterfront!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Courtyard Marriott Waterside is a green oasis in action packed Key West. We swam under Pine trees in their large deep pool. room was attractive and comfortable. great location. free shuttle to major attractions was a great plus. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Would gladly return.

Room Tip: rooms facing pool have best view
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
CourtyardMgmtKW, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

We appreciate your review and were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see your again soon and Thank you for being loyal to the Courtyard Marriott Brand.

Catherine Perez
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I would first like to start off with the exceptional service of the front desk staff. They were all phenomenal but one person stuck out in particular. Sarah-Jane is truly amazing at her job, she takes pride in going above and beyond. When we first checked in there were a few minor issues with the room where it appeared as if the last persons occupying the room had been smoking. My oldest child has asthma so knowing that i had booked a non-smoking room i called the front desk concerned. Once we notified the front desk Sarah-Jane was on a mission to make sure we were comfortable and changed our room promptly and brought our new room key to us! She offered to help transport our luggage although we declined it was so sincere of her to do so. The next morning we had breakfast at the bistro and enjoyed every last bite. All fresh and cooked to order and the portions were just right. My kids love french toast and I must add that I was never really a fan of it until I tried there's. After breakfast we waited in the lobby to take the shuttle to the downtown area, and while we waited we were greeted by the manager Samantha! She asked about our stay so far and was pleased to know what a great team she had at the front desk. She asked what we were headed off to do that day, but we were not sure. She took time out her day to explain to us all the things down town had to offer. I can only say that a staff follows there leadership!! We were just blown away at how a busy resort manager and staff had the time to be so sincere and thorough. I would live here if i could until next time Courtyard Waterfront!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
CourtyardMgmtKW, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

We greatly appreciate your review and we are very happy to hear that it was successful and all you needs were met. We hope that you will come back again and we Thank you for being loyal to the Courtyard Marriott Brand.

Catherine Perez