All reviewsfree shuttlecourtyard marriottevery half hourhorseshoe crabsshuttle vanbuilding cno elevatorpool areashuttle serviceold towntwo room suiteduval streethot tubsmall beachoverlooking the waterfree breakfastthe hotel offers
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel is not in any way up to Marriott standards.Very old,very damp and no redeeming features.The photos on the web page were not wrong but not taken recently.We left after check in without staying.The manager was nice and tried to be helpful,but as an elite card holder,I could not be happy here

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jjdaily
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am huge on research of hotels and best price vs what you get. This is not the cheapest by far but best value. for approx $150 you get a very comfortable and clean hotel.

I stayed here last year on 3/2011 and had a good stay as well.

This is my second time. researched both times. After researching 40+ hotels my alternate choice was The Reach hotel and they had special for $175 but missed it when tried to book the next day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Where to begin? We checked into our room and soon found that the tub had disconnected from the wall and there was water underneath the tub, making it extremely unstable. The toilet was not working properly and the clock radio did not work. Obviously quality control is a major issue. So I go to the desk and they offer to move me to a room with on the street which was incredibly noisy so the front desk staff said they would fix the tub, toilet and clock radio while we were out. They didn't, even after 2 days. And to make matter worse, I think what really bothered me was the staff's indifference and they never offered a reduction in price (a very pricey $259) or anything for the inconvenience - I expect more from a Marriott. Waterfront is very misleading as it is basically an inlet that ends at the end of the property. It's an older property and is showing its age. On the plus side, the pool was very nice and the free shuttle downtown that runs every 1/2 hour is very convenient. And you can leave your car on property after you check out which was nice. So caveat export if you stay there- I wouldn't!

Room Tip: Stay away from the road and get a room on the side with a pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank noags015
Reviewed June 1, 2012

There is a young lady name "Bea" at the Front Desk that is absolutely fabulous. I had made reservations for me and my husband plus a couple of friends for one night at this Marriott. When we got there that night we asked her if she could extend our reservation for another night. Key West is very popular in March and Bea did everything within her power to accommodate us. She told us that she could extend our stay at the same rate, I might add, but that my and husband and I may not be able to stay in a king room and that she would be able to put us in a smaller room with 2 queen beds. Our room was not much smaller than the first night but not having a bathtub did bother me as we had been out on a boat all afternoon and I wanted to take a hot bath. She could not have known that a bathtub was that important to me.

Needless to say I called the front desk and this poor girl was always working and unlucky for her, she was working that night. I gave her a piece of my mind and she tried to apologize (not her fault) and told me she had tried everything possible but they were booked on all other types of rooms in the hotel. I was in a bad mood and took it out on her. I am really ashamed of myself and did not apologize to her until about a week later after I had returned home.

This is a very nice, clean hotel and they really do try to make everyone's stay pleasureable, especially Bea. She is a jewel and if I am ever in Key West again I WILL stay at the Courtyard Marriott. Thanks to BEA! Sorry again Bea.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SALeBlanc
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Key West Hotels are all about tradeoffs and this hotel has them as well. The staff are great, friendly and eager to please. The shuttle into old town leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour and comes back on the 15 and 45 religiously. The grounds are well tended and the views of the water from the walkway are nice, I spent some time enjoying watching the fish, The pool is above average and includes a "Tiki Bar" and whirlpool. Our room, and I believe all rooms, have a refrigerator and microwave and across the street is a big supermarket which is very convenient and could be a cost saver. We were in building C which is where they put people who are staying using the Marriott Senior discount, which is a modest but nice savings.

Now for the tradeoffs. The shuttle is a good thing to have but it only stops at one spot in Old Town and getting anywhere takes a lot of walking, so if you want to eat lunch in old town and then return for dinner, that's a total of four trips in the shuttle plus a walk to your chosen restaurant. The only restaurant near the Courtyard is the breakfast in the lobby or lunch or dinner from the pool bar. There is also a TGI Friday's within a couple of blocks or you can order pizza to be delivered. We ate all of our meals in Old Town.

The beach isn't what most think of when they think beach. Its basically an inlet in a mangrove and their is a bit of an odor that seems to come from it, although you only smell it while outside and near the 'beach'. The hotel rooms are older and while they are comfortable they are in need of updating. Our room had a "limited view" which was basically a corner of the pool.

This hotel gives a comfortable room, a nice pool and good service at a good price (none of the hotels in Key West are cheap but this one tends to be less than most). It isn't a flashy new property and it won't be convenient for you if you want to spend all of your time in and around Duval street. And if you prefer sampling Old town restaurants and bars like we do, you can find yourself spending a lot of your time riding the shuttle. However, if price matters to you, it could make that vacation possible if you don't mind it being inconvenient. It's all about tradeoffs.

Room Tip: No elevators so ask for the first floor unless you're ready to drag your own luggage up the steps.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple