“Fantastic discovery!”

Ranked #146 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were actually looking for another restaurant when we happened upon KC. We decided to give it a shot. Holy cow!! This place is fantastic! The lamb soma was superb. The shwarma was superb. The kabob was superb. My wife and I ate until we were beyond full and still had to take some home. The waitress was super friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently had the chance to sample the food at this little restaurant. Do not let the fact that this place is in a strip mall fool you. The food there is simply outstanding. My daughter and I ordered
the Gyro sandwich as well as dolma and falafel sandwich. My Gyro sandwich was delicious
and so large I wasn't able to finish it. The place had a good sized scoop of potato salad with
lovely fresh dill mixed it. My daughter's falafel sandwich was huge and also very good....half of which went home to enjoy later that night. The dolma were tasty and served with a tomato-onion salad as well as some tzadiki sauce. We ordered a bowl of chicken rice soup for my grandson which he enjoyed thoroughly. I look forward to my next visit as I was too full to even look at
the baklava in the dessert display. Service was efficient and warm.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Actually the rice is not so bad, but I am a snob for good Asian rice. As they are Uzbek, and they serve the ubiquitous pilau of the central Asian steppes, I wish they would make it with something better than what tastes like genetic Uncle Ben's. There is basmati to be had at GFS and Thai rice is available everywhere now a days...

Having said that, I've been here many times, mostly for carry out. The owners are nice guys, the waitresses are charming and the food is generally spot on. Especially as it is the only Middle Eastern style eatery on the island, it is nice that for the most part, the food is very authentic.

This time we had lamb kebabs and ground beef kababs with a combo platter of hummus, eggplant dip and Uzbek salad (chopped salad of cucumber, onion, tomato with dill). This also comes with their homemade hot bread rolls that are perfectly crunchy and chewy. The charcoal grilled kebabs come with the pilau rice, which has carrots, chick peas and seasonings, tzatziki which is very nice and also make sure you get the thinly sliced red onions with mint on the kababs, if you like onions. The only criticism I can make other than my rice rant, is the hummus could use a little more tahini, lemon and garlic to bump it up. Otherwise, everything was excellent, espresso and baklava included!

Oh, and they have outstanding Polish and Russian beers, big bottles are only $5!!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

the gyro pitas are yummy and very filling. Great potato salad. surprisingly their Cuban mix is one of the best in key west as well. sometimes the wait can be long for pick up orders and sometimes in the restaurant, but it's worth it.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Fantastic food, well worth the price. Unfortunately, the waiter (who was from Russia) told us that all the problems in Ukraine were nothing but American propaganda.

I will continue to go to the Kennedy Café, for the food, and most of their servers are very friendly.