“Amazing, incredible house...”

Ranked #14 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Plantation, Florida
“Amazing, incredible house...”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This place got great reviews and that's why we choose it, but little did we knowit was this amazing! You are a very short distance walk to the seaport and Schooner Wharf. The house and the rooms are bigger than they seem. The staff treats you like family or even better. We got their early to check in and asked to hold our bags while we walked around. The staff said sure and let us do the paper work ahead of time. They then instructed us to enjoy their brunch and mimosas. So we hung out on the front porch swing drank mimosas and had a bite. Twenty minutes later the housekeeper came out and said your room is ready! Wow...we were floored, need less to say we tipped at the end of our stay. The dipping pool is super romantic and very relaxing. Our first couple of nights we stayed in the Mallory suite. That room is amazing you have a private entrance to a private patio and steps into the dipping pool. The sister property is just as nice and their happy hour was just right. Our last night was in the Cornish Hen suite and that was again amazing and HUGE. You can not go wrong at this place and I highly recommend staying at The Artist House on Fleming.

• Stayed July 2013
Artists-Fleming, Manager at Artist House on Fleming, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review! It's nice to hear that you chose us based on the reviews of fellow travelers, and we're happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recommending us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were 2 couples and truly enjoyed our stay at Artist House on Fleming. Trevor was very pleasant and very informative. We parked our car on the street and never moved it until we left. We walked everywhere and yes is not that close to Duval, but walking and looking at all the old homes and the different flowers was great! The breakfast was very nice and honestly cannot complain about anything at this B&B. When we come back again we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We love to hear our guests tell us that they will definitely stay with us again the next time they visit Key West. We're happy to hear that you are one of those guests, and look forward to seeing you again someday!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok, first of all, let me say; Rent A Bike!!! If you have a bike, your day/days in Key West will be soooo much more relaxing and easy! And fun!! It is SO worth it!!! It only costs a few dollars a day! If you are planning to walk everywhere, you will get tired!! Although it is not a very big place, the blocks seems long, and you will be walking and walking and walking aaaaaall day, because there is so much to see and do!! And it's hot, hot, hot! Humid & Hot! Having a bike, makes it so easy! And it's nice to feel the breeze while cycling...! This relaxing and chilled guesthouse is a good place to stay in Old Town, it is close to everything - I loved the location!! You have everything near you; a grocery store, restaurants, a fantastic little bakery (Old Town Bakery) the harbour, great breakfast-places (Harpoon Harry's; not to be missed..! Fantastic breakfast!) and if you have a bike, it'll take you 2-4 mins to Duvall street. I really enjoyed my days at The Artist House on Fleming, which provide good bikes to rent. Bikes have a basket, too. I am so glad I didn't stay on busy and noisy Duvall.. I went to the Happy Hour in the sister-hotel; The Artist House (on Eaton). It was nice to meet other travellers and share some stories. Personally, I much prefer Artist House on Fleming, I wish they would have a Happy Hour there...! The Artist House on Fleming is much nicer, with more space, too! The staff was very helpful. I had a nice room; The Geiger Room was my pad during my time on this beautiful and friendly island. I really enjoyed coming back to my room and just relax. Good to have a fridge, and wifi was fast and always working. A great place to stay whilst in Key West. I hope to return very soon!
If I was going to point one thing out...:
- the large bed in the main room of The Geiger Suite, maybe time to change this mattress...? Just sitting on this bed.... I felt as I was going to go down on the floor...! Too soft, no life in the mattress at all, must be painful for a sore back....! I felt straight away I could never have had a good night's sleep on this mattress, so choose the other bed, which was smaller, but nice & firm & I slept very good.
- I know the window shutters have a purpose; hurricane. However; I wish they weren't necessary, I would've loved to be able to see out of the windows....! And with the shutters, you couldn't see much at all.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments, and are happy to hear that you had a great stay and that you hope to return soon.....We hope you do too!
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a room on the first floor right across from the kitchen that was quiet and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. As our main goal was to explore historic Key West, the walking distance to downtown was a little far. We would have preferred about 3-4 blocks closer. Parking was somewhat of a hassle, so once we found a parking spot, we parked the car and walked everywhere. As for breakfast, what happened to the days when B&B's served a hot breakfast? Although there was plenty to choose from, we were tired of the same fruits and breads after three days. The outside patio and front porch were very nice for relaxing. If you are looking for close to the historical district, look at accommodations closer to Duval Street. If you want the quiet of the neighborhood (great restaurant right across the street) choose the Artist House on Fleming.

Room Tip: The Hemingway room on the second floor is large and accommodating but very dated. The rooms at the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found the Artist House on Fleming to be a great place to relax, but a bit surprised to hear the walk to the historic district described as a long one. We are located in Old Town - just minutes to the Historic Seaport Boardwalk, and the Key West Bight Marina. And most of our guests describe the walk to Duval Street as taking under 10 minutes at a leisurely pace.
Ludvika, Sweden
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Me and my family stayed for three nights June 25 to 28, in the Geiger suite.
Trevor was very helpful with all questions or other issues that we had, it was our first time in Key West.

Geiger Room was perfect for me and my wife and 2 kids.

Brekfast; plenty of fresh fruit, baked bread, chese, yoghurts, cereal etc :-)

If we had the chance to redo the trip we surely would have stayed longer in Key West and at the Artist House on the Flemings.

Best regards
Family Stenmark
Sweden

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Artists-Fleming, Manager at Artist House on Fleming, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you, Mats! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You will definitely need to stay longer next time. We'll see you then!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Artist House on Fleming was a high point in my boyfriend and I's July vacation. The staff was friendly and location clutch. We were a close stroll to Duval street (but far enough not to be bothered by the bar scene once we left) and close to the complimentary social hour at the original Artist House. A quick dip in the pool was quite refreshing. Upon waking up, the breakfast spread was delicious. Though no augmentation was necessary, there's a very cute bakery half a block away to pack a nice lunch before walking to the beach. Great times and hope I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Artist House on Fleming for your visit to Key West! We're glad that you found us and pleased to hear that you found so many things about us that you enjoyed. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the island!
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent four days, three nights at the Artist House on Fleming - There to celebrate our father and grandfather George's 85th Birthday. We very much enjoyed our special vacation and would highly recommend it to others. We rented six of their nine rooms for our 12 family members and friends. Service was outstanding primarily thanks to Trevor. He treated us like "family". He made arrangements for restaurants, trolly tours, jet skis, motor scooter, taxi's, bicycle, directions, etc. - Always very pleasant and with "mucho" patience. He was extremely sincere, we all liked him personally. Trevor went above and beyond in every regard. Our breakfasts were outstanding. We found B&B far more friendly than staying at a hotel/motel. Our rooms were nice looking, comfortable and had all the required amenities, no complaints. In the late afternoon we were treated to a cocktail hour courtesy of AH. A choice of white/red wine and/or beer. A very pleasant ritual before going out for dinner. I introduced myself to the owner. We had a very pleasant conversation, she was charming. Upon return to our homes we have already recommended AH-Fleming to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! It was so nice to meet the rest of your family! We were honored that you chose the Artist House on Fleming as your home base for such a special event and happy to hear that you all had a great time here. Cheers!