“a fun time”

Parawest Parasail Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the thrill of flying 300 feet over the crystal clear waters of Key West; a staggering 200+ feet higher than the tallest building. Want to take a dip in the water while you're flying, or maybe you want to stay dry? Either can be arranged. When you arrive at the dock, be sure ask about the GoPro video or pictures of your flight that can be purchased. The only owner/operated parasailing rig in Key West, FL. For more than a decade, Captain Alfons and Captain Larry have been flying excited visitors high above the emerald isle.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We did this the last morning of our honeymoon. The guys seemed very laid back, but competent. We used one of their early morning deals they were offering at the time. The parasailing was about 15 minutes long or so, so you aren’t up there very long, but it offered a good view of the island and the coral. They offer to take pictures/video while you are up in the air, but we just found another couple that was on the boat to take pictures for us instead.

1  Thank Ian B
"take pictures"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Would never go with them again the Fury is #1 on the island for a reason
The mate was rude had smart comments to make and only helped the 2 pretty Australian girls take off the life vests and straps from 12 passengers just because they where hot and was rude to 2 little Belgian kids that barely understood English didn't let me ride with my cousin just because and they try to charge you $40 USD for pictures with some whack Godzilla rubber shark and big scissors to sum it all up a horrible experience the only good thing is getting dunked in the water

3  Thank Belen D
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Cruised into Key West and knew there had to be a better parasail option than the ship excursions....and I was right! While walking to our parasail boat I ran into the cruise group that consisted of about 75 people....I remember thinking to myself...wow what a mess! For about $40 less pp, we went parasailing with Parawest and had an awesome time. After a simple release form we were on the boat and headed out with 5 other parasailers, the boat was comfortable, and we even had some great music to enjoy while waiting our turn. We booked 2 rides each so we could each go up together once and the guys were super accommodating! Captain and his guys were funny, instructions were clear and simple, and the parasailing was unlike anything I have ever done before. Other than the very welcome dip in the water, parasailing can only be described as peaceful and serene. If you are hesitating because it involves a parachute, you have it all wrong....go parasailing and book with Parawest!

2  Thank KMurat
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

There were 2 of us. There were a total of 3 couples. Each pair had about 10 minutes in the air. It was fun and a great view. Very skillful guys working.

1  Thank V T
See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We go to Key West every year for my birthday and this year brought my sister....my husband would never ever dare to parasail,afraid of heights, but for $20, he could be a (ride a long)..My sister suggested the idea and I jumped on it....our consierge from Pier House booked the apt...we showed up at 5:30 and had the boat to ourselves...the boys took us out around the island...they dunked us a few times & it swirled our swings! Bring extra cash...the trip was billed to our room, but you want cash for the picture package($40) and to tip out the boys for their time...customarily,its a 20% of the bill....Spectular views of the entire island and once in a life time adventure! I would for sure go back, but only recommend Parawest Parasail!P.S..Initially, I bought a disposal water camera, but no way, your not letting go of the straps at 600FT in the air...so, rely on the $40 picture package, its the best investment ever...they included some cute ideas/toys...sciccors cut the rope&shark bitting the rope!My husband took a few w/ our camera, but they came out really bad and we looked like little dots in the sky!