“flying high”
Review of Jetpack Adventures

Jetpack Adventures
Ranked #176 of 291 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: * Under NEW OWNERSHIP Experience the ultimate thrill of a lifetime. Blast off in a jetpack! Begin your adventure by boarding our shuttle boat for a quick ride across the harbor to our custom flight deck anchored in a picturesque bay. Once on board your instructor will introduce you to all of the features of the Jetlev R200. A few minutes later you'll be lifting off!
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Charlie and Brett did us well. Be ready to be amazed. pay attention to the instructions and enjoy. The guys want to make it fun. Charlie's choice of music is a little behind the times, ha. But be sure to get his rocket man display of flight

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you are in key west you have to try jet pack adventures.i did this on my last trip and it was a blast
The jet pack crew Matt and Patrick are the best they really know their stuff and are just all around good guys. The captain ( sorry cant recall his name , hate when that happens) was a super good guy made every thing easy to understand . I hope if you go to the keys you will treat yourself to a adventure of a life time trust me its worth the money for the memory!!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was a lot of fun! The guides are a tremendous help and they can walk you through any situation. The only downside is the small seat that puts a good amount of pressure in between your legs, as long as you are using the trapeze bar for your feet it won't hurt.
I'd do this again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was very much looking forward to doing this for my birthday over the Winter Holiday 2012. We made reservations well in advance, got a confirmation for payment, flew to the Keys and called to confirm as it says on the email confirmation. They only have an outgoing voicemail greeting that says they are closed for "maintenance and repairs" with no one to speak to, and no return phone call or email for 2 weeks now. They refer you to their website, but the website doesn't say they are down for repairs. They could have at least emailed or called- that's a reasonable customer service request. I am so disappointed I didn't get to do this for my birthday or the whole time we spent 2 weeks in the Keys.

5  Thank SunriseFitness
JepackAdventures, Owner at Jetpack Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Sorry that you had a bad experience. Jetpack Adventures is under new ownership. Next time you are in Key West, please give us a call, I will see what can be done to make it up to you. - Charlie

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This has to be one of the (several) key attractions of Key West, but unlike some of the other attractions... it's going to be something you'll be hard pressed to find elsewhere.

Now don't get me wrong, this thing is not easy... you'll get mouthfuls of seawater, and if it's bright out, your vision will be shot to pieces by the seawater in your eyes after a while, but it's all part of the fun.

I was lucky enough to have a 1:1 session with these folks - my girlfriend came with, but she planned to stay on the boat and did so - capturing my fall from grace (when I lost control of the thing and plunged into the sea) ever so nicely on video!!

The guys from Jetpack adventures will pick you up at Schooner Wharf, and then speed you around Key West by speedboat to the boat where they have the jetpacks around the other side of the island. It costs an additional $20 for the passenger to spend time on the boat watching, but it's still worth that. A bathroom is available on the boat, along with plenty of ice cold bottled water for rehydration after all the sea water you could potentially swallow - some people take to this like a duck to water - I took a bit more time to get control of the jetpack, but it was worth it.

They say in the brochure that this is a 2 hour event, of which you'll get around 20 mins "flying" time. I got at least 40 mins, by the end of which I was exhausted, but left with a wonderful memory - and the video evidence thanks to my girlfriend. They brought their new puppy on the boat, did try to get hold of us to check it was ok, but as usual I didn't hear my mobile. Now my other half has a bit of a dog phobia.. and what can I say, these guys were so accommodating, they even took the dog out on the jetski so as not to unnerve my other half. She soon became friends with the little doggie anyway after a while of it reappearing on deck!! All good!

So when you get to the boat, they firstly have you sign the various release/indemnity forms, then they give you a demo of how to handle the jetpack itself. Once kitted up with the jetpack, you're also given a helmet which has a 1 way radio to the boat inside, so they can give you instruction while you're out over the sea (or in it) with your jetpack. The first few minutes training are in the water itself with them controlling the throttle, then they'll gradually ease you up out of the water, and onto the "flying" itself.

Tips: LISTEN to what these guys say, it's the only way you're going to get the hang of this thing - if the sound in the helmet is not clear - tell them!! and they'll rectify it, either by changing the volume, or getting you a different helmet. DON'T be worried about losing control and falling into the sea, you won't come to any harm, the jetpack is a natural flotation device, so you won't sink, and the sea is warm, so you won't catch death of cold. Don't be worried about falling onto an obstacle (like their boat) as they'll cut the throttle to the jetpack before you have the chance.

Not cheap... but worth every penny (or dollar). Thanks guys, along with the jetskiing I did in the afternoon (review to follow) you really made our holiday.

To those considering this... stop considering and go do it, you'll kick yourself if you don't, as chances like this don't come up often!!!

7  Thank Madspiral