“Great fun!”

and up
Key West Ghost and Gravestone Tour
Ranked #86 of 288 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Did you know Key West is named one of America’s “Most Haunted” locations? Once the sun goes down on Key West, the ghosts of the past begin to arise. Travel the streets of Old Town at night with a special Ghost Host as you ride the Trolley of the Doomed. Receive exclusive entry into a Civil War fort and see some of the most tragic and haunted spots with Ghosts & Gravestones.
Austin, Texas
“Great fun!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was such a great tour! The guide on the trolley was dressed as a hooker (not the kind of hooker we think of today!) and did a good job telling the stories. It was cold the night we went on the trolley and he was kind enough to hand out blankets to everyone. He was very candid and made us laugh a few times. And the EVPs that you are handed when you get to the fort is a nice touch. However, it was the guide at the fort that really made the tour worth while! Mrs. Petigrew (Not sure on the spelling!) was awesome! She played her part as a dead school teacher very well. She also told her stories in a way that you could really tell she respects the history and the ghosts or spirits that are believed to be there. It was really nice to see that. Next time I go back I'm going to take the tour again when Mrs. Petigrew is the guide on the trolley. I was very happy with my experience and can't wait to go on it again. Maybe I'll even be brave enough to ask permission to take a picture of Robert the doll next time lol!

Sigourney, Iowa
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ghost Tour”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very good tour of the haunted highlights of Key West. Our guide was dressed in character and told wonderful stories of the Key West day of Pirate Ships and Wrecking. We were able to visit with Robert the Doll in the Martello Fort. I was very satisfied with our tour and the historical points that we were shown. Take this tour early in your trip to the Keys and you may want to take it early in the evening since you may encounter more drinkers the later in the evening you go.

Cedar Rapids, IA
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Melodramatic; but good historical info”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'd recommend doing this tour early in your visit to Key West. The tour contains lots of local info on museums and places to visit. My wife and I found it entertaining and worth the price.

Boston, Massachusetts
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Save your money!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have used this company before so we knew what to expect & we were very disappointed.
The tour would have been much more interesting with a more experienced/talented/animated guide. Corny jokes which were neither scary or funny. The driver also hit every curb while driving.

There was another guide half way through the tour who was much more animated. We wished he was the guide for the whole thing. I know there a satisfaction guarantee but who are you supposed to talk to & when? We were very disappointed. The guide should really take a lesson from the Boston tour crew who are awesome!

Visited February 2013
Clinton C, General Manager at Ghosts & Gravestones of Key West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am so sorry to read that your tour with us did not meet your expectations. Since you did not indicate the name of your driver or ghost host, will be sharing your comments with our entire CAST to ensure this does not happen again.

We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tours and attractions. Just visit the customer service area of our website.

Best,

Clinton Curry
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Does not reach it's potential”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'll preface this by saying my wife and I have been on ghost tours in just about every city or town in the US and Europe we've stayed in. We are both skeptical of the paranormal but enjoy the investigation and history. Out of all of the places we've been this was on the bottom of the list.

The Ghosts and Gravestones tour is a mostly trolley tour. The trolley is decorated well and sets the mood. Like many of the trolleys in Key West, the bench seating is not comfortable for taller people. My legs just didn't fit. It was slightly more comfortable for my wife but still tight for her. There is a single antique chair at the front of the trolley that faces everyone else. This is where the guide sits. The driver was a younger guy dressed in a black hoody. He didn't really look the part.

Our guide was where I had the biggest issue with this tour. She was dressed well and had makeup on. Her character was a ghost of some sort (can't remember the whole story). The problem arose with her portrayal of this character. She was constantly jumping between trying to be scary and trying to be funny without every achieving either. Her narration was slow, scripted word for word, and uninteresting, like watching a low budget film. I'm not sure if she is new and still training or the other guides are better but her acting severely detracted from the rich haunted history of Key West.

The best part of the tour was visiting "Robert". We were led off of the trolley and we were met with another tour guide with many of the same acting issues the first one had. There is great history at the fort but the information is just not presented well. They gave out four K2 meters for some informal investigation. We had no big hits. I think this was a really cool idea but they needed more K2 meters to go around.

The tour concluded as it began; driving through Key West with narration from the guide. The haunted history in Key West is fantastic but this tour just didn't make it come alive as others have done.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our tour. I appreciate all of your feedback and intend to share it with our CAST so we can improve our product. We do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our tours and attractions which you can easily access by visiting the customer service area of our website.

Best regards,