“Such beautiful work!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Pottery

Key West Pottery
Ranked #89 of 161 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West, the subtropical southernmost of the contiguous United States. Famed for a population of creative runaways, pirates and brilliant groups of laughing people gathered to celebrate screaming orange sunsets. Legendary in behavior and design; the Key West lifestyle has long been centered around beauty, nature, and freedom. A sophisticated celebration of color, these patterns that represent decades of international residents and influence form a clean design that is joyful and cool-- that is the Key West Aesthetic. Since 2010, Key West Pottery has been a dynamic creative space at the gateway of our historic and beloved Old Town Key West. Specializing in the making and curating of functional pottery and ceramic fine art, Key West Pottery is the Island's specialty gallery in the diverse field of ceramic art. Our gallery appeals to the contemporary, chic, and timelessly colorful aesthetic of South Florida with artworks that range from tea bowls to large scale public installations. We travel and explore the creative world and the connection between lifestyle and art to bring a connective fine art presence to our gallery and its visitors. We warmly invite you to visit during your next stay on this beautiful island, we are open 10:00-6:00 Monday thru Saturday or by Appointment. Artwork can be shipped internationally, please contact us directly for custom artwork requests. Thank You for Visiting, Adam Russell & Kelly Lever, Owners
Roswell, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Such beautiful work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We bought a piece last time we visited, and ever since we've been back on the island I've been talking about going back to the pottery gallery. Found several lovely treasures today, can't wait to find a spot for each of them at home! This will always be one of our Key West traditions, a beautiful piece of pottery made by talented artists to take home :)

1 Thank mazeyday

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You MUST do this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

omg! my husband and I came here while we were visiting from Jersey. We saw on here trip advisor and also drove by and it was LITERALLY the HIGHLIGHT of my trip!!! I usually paint my own pottery thats fine BUT.... ADAM! was great. my husband and I made our OWN! it was an amazing experience to do together on our honeymoon we will never forget! it was $50 per person but sooo worth it. It took about 1 1/2 hr to complete but it jst flew by. SERIOUSLY! this is a must do. I also purchased a few things as well =)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank MrsTorres818
Key West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! - Great Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This place is amazing! I went there with my grandmother and we had a blast! It is $45 per person but completely worth it! It was just the two of us and we made plates out of clay and painted them. The teacher that was there with us is named Kelly. She is an amazing teacher. She is patient, nice, and just super sweet. She showed me and my grandmother many ways how to make our plates. My grandmother made a platter plate with handles and I made a regular plate. You have to come and see this amazing family friendly pottery shop!!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank G8t0r
Key West, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is the best creative attraction in Key West.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had a blast while hand painting are own pottery with our two grown children. It was a wonderful way to spend quality family time with our son and his girlfriend. Kelly and Adam are awesome and their insight into the art world amazing. Thank you for allowing us to have some "down time" in Key West while creating our own pieces of wonderment for us to enjoy in memory of our time with our kids.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank PSCollins
Perrysburg, Ohio
“The greatest place to make and buy island pottery in Key West is at Honest Works!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Went into Honest Works to look at their pottery and discovered a special shop. The owners, Kelly Lever and Adam Russell, were really nice and knowledgeable about their work. My friend and I ended up taking a few pottery classes and of course we had to buy some of their gorgeous pottery. We are looking forward to our next visit to Honest Works!

Visited July 2010