“Simply the best!”
Review of Cowboy Charters

Cowboy Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West and the Florida Keys are well known as the fishing capital of the world and holds more world records than anywhere else. We have been charter fishing the waters off of the lower Florida Keys since 1965 and have been the winners of many fishing tournaments. Fishing is a family tradition for the Baumgarten family. Hans Baumgarten started Cowboy Charters in 1965 and his son and grandson have carried on and expanded the family tradtion. You will experiencea both friendly and professional crew on the well appointed 36 FT & 45 ft Hatteras yachts" with twin diesels, when you join Mark Baumgarten and crew for a day of sport fishing. Mark has been fishing professionally for over 40 years and has been consistanly able to find that trophy fish for his customers. Visit our Facebook Fan Page "Cowboy Charters-Key West" or follow us on twitter at "Cowboy_KeyWest"
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My family and I have a great time every time we go fishing with the Cowboy! Its A "must do" on our list when we go to Key West! Can't hardly wait to go again!.... Should be a "must do" on your trip!

1 Thank Jess4fsu

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing the Cowboy Way! Bang Bang Bang”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Captain Mark knows how to keep the fish jumping into the Cowby! The fish were being pulled into the boat almost like the firing of a pistol. "Bang, Bang, Bang" There was no time for rest! Caught some nice Mahi Mahi and a Wahoo. Captain Mark, " I coming back for the Big Marlin that broke the line!"

I must say it was one of the most fun yet relaxing fishing trips I have been on! Captain Mark and his wife Michelle run a first class operation. It was all about the customer and I appreciated that. I will only fish on the Cowboy!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Charlie L
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a week! Seriously good fishing.”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Mark and crew couldn't be more helpful, attentive and professional.

I have been on many deep sea fishing trips in my time but rarely do you learn so much from a crew. Great fun and easy-going atmosphere, they had plenty of patience for my less 'experienced' friends!!

We had some really good days for sailfish and dolphin. I can recommend doing a shark night out, some real monsters! Other times we even ended up with a fresh tuna sushi lunch on the boat. Good to see they have their priorities straight!

Can't come recommended higher from myself and friends. Will be back for sure.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Alex B
Rockledge, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mark Baumgarter is excellent fisherman”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

If you want a fishingng trip to remember you need to go fishing with Mark (The Shark) Baumgarten - he has been in the business his whole life - started with his Dad. He knows where to go and you tell what what fish you want to catch he will get the job done

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Dianne G
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing the way it should be!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have fished alot of charters over my lifetime, but Mark on the Cowboy has to be the best. He works hard to put you on fish, then helps you with the finer points to get them in the boat. Great knowledge and equipment. Well worth the 1700 miles to go out with, no regrets, just great fun.

Visited December 2011