“1st time catching fish”

Rampage Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing Charter/Party Boat located in Key West Florida. $125 p/p, $550. private charter. 3 hour trips. We guarantee you catch your dinner. Call today!
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Paid serious money on three previous charters and never caught fish. Someone talked me into a party boat, but luckily met first mate Dave at the marina. I decided to spend a little extra and go out on the Rampage. I had a great time and enjoyed the company of Capt. Barry, and Dave. They worked hard to make sure we caught fish, and that we had a good time. I would have liked to have caught bigger fish, but for the price I can't complain. If I go back to Key West I will be booking a trip on the Rampage again.

1  Thank Dan C

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went out with the crew of Rampage in Key West targeting snapper, barracuda, and yellow tail. We put a barracuda in the boat within the first 5 minutes off the dock. The crew is friendly and accomadating. This is a shared charter boat which helps keep the cost per person low. They only take out 6 people at a time which this boat can easily, and comfortably, accomodate. Being able to go out and fish for $99 a person compared to chartering one of the many other boats for upwards of $600 is a bargain. Capt. Barry put us right on a school of yellow tail. The live tank on the boat is neat. If you're targeting huge fish this probably isn't the best charter for you but if you want to go out, have a good time, and catch some dinner this would be a great way to do it.

1  Thank AmExplorer83
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had a blast fishing this past week. I grew up fishing in Florida and wanted to put my teenage daughter on fish. They kept us busy with snapper and grouper. Caught fish within 5 minutes with the longest time between catches around 10 minutes. Fishing the backwater kept us in relatively calm waters despite the 25 knot winds. My family had a blast.

1  Thank RickyG2013
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Chatted to Captain Barry at the Marina before booking and found him really friendly and re-assuring. The morning's fishing was great fun and worth the cost. Some in our party caught loads of fish (largely yellowtail) whereas I had more limited luck but had a great time chatting to the first mate Captain Tamara. Captain Barry was very precise in ensuring all fish kept met the minimum size requirements and threw a number back. The catch was split between us and we took our share to Dante's for 'Hook and Cook' where they cooked our catch for us and we ate it there with a side for $7.99 - great value. A great day all around.

1  Thank H M
Reviewed September 8, 2012

They took my reservation, charged me for the trip, and when I called to cancel, told me that they would not accept a cancellation and refund my money even though it was nearly two months before the planned charter. They told me it was "their policy."

4  Thank RR K