“Wow - Spectacular day of fishing on the Rampage with Captain Barry!”

Rampage Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing Charter/Party Boat located in Key West Florida. $125 p/p, $550. private charter. 3 hour trips. We guarantee you catch your dinner. Call today!
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was everything the Captain said it would be - lots of fun and great fishing!!
Especially appreciated the special attention from the Captain and first-mate to ensure everyone was enjoying themselves. The whole family loved it. We'll be back - no doubt about it!!!

1  Thank adventure44

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Captain Barry is very professional, but also very friendly. My family enjoyed talking with him as we traveled to our fishing spots. His mate, Dave, does an excellent job helping everyone be successful at fishing. Dave is very friendly, helpful, and very very positive, even when you're a horrible fisherman like me. My wife and two sons really enjoyed their time on the boat. We caught numerous snapper and Key West yellowtail. My wife caught a small grouper. It wasn't legal so we had to toss him back. Had a barracuda strike at a lure several times but could not get him. Still cool to see it strike. Dave showed my one son how to catch baitfish with a net and how to prepare the bait. The four hour trip was a great experience for the boys. Well worth it.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I just wanted to say thanks again for one of the most awesome nights ever. I checked out your site today and saw that the picture of us all is already up there. We all had an awesome time! You guys did a great job and made everything great and easy. We
all have been just raving to everyone about how cool it was to catch a
bunch of sharks and how funny and awesome the crew was. You two guys
are at the top of my list of cool dudes. I really hope that the
opportunity comes up again to meet up with you and do it again.

Thanks a lot for everything, the six of us are way beyond extremely
happy and greatful for that opportunity and the time we had that
night. If either of you guys are ever up around buffalo/rochester area
or south of there, shoot me an email.

2  Thank Sean19680
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We went fishing with Rampage during our trip to the Keys. We talked about going offshore to get the big game sportfish but Captain Barry explained that it would be a waste of money to try to go way out on a 1/2 day charter. The travel time out and back would eat up most the time. We agreed to reef fish since we were in the Keys to party and wanted to be back in time for dinner.
I'm glad because we started catching fish right away. They put bait on the hooks and helped the girls reel when they needed help. Let me tell you the girls were not so interested in this part of our trip when we first got there but they actually liked this activity better than the jet skiing and parasailing we did. They had a blast and we will not need to twist their arms to go out again.
If you are looking for the big sport fish then get the full day charter but if you are looking for a fun day of catching fish then the 1/2 day reef fishing is perfect. We got back in time to enjoy the rest of the evening and one couple that was on our charter took their grouper to the floating restaurant 2 slips down to have them cook it for their dinner.
I know we will be back and do this again!

1  Thank littlefishworld
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We went on a fishing vacation to the FL Keys and found Captain Barry and Rampage via the internet. Loved his catch phrase "fishing is great but catching is better! We take you to the fish!" It is not just clever marketing but actually true!

We went out late one evening and filled the live well with Grouper, Key West Grunts and Sea Bass. We have a freezer full of fresh fish to say the least! We also caught two HUGE sharks that were as long as we were! We let the sharks go to entertain future fisherman.

Captain Barry and crew were so attentive that we always had fresh bait at the ready and plenty of #4 hooks to replace the ones that were lost from fish that broke our lines. That happened more than a few times!

Being an avid fisherman I appreciated that Captain Barry chose his fishing spots with skill. I was able to see the fish finder screen and the drastic changes in underwater terrain that are the hallmark of great fishing spots. Captain Barry with over two decades of experience found these spots easily!

If you get to Key West you have to book a charter with Rampage Fishing and find out what "catching" is all about!!!