We booked our first vacation down to Key West and choose the Reach Resort because we could use Hilton points (pretty sure we would have been more disappointed had we actually paid for the hotel stay). Our first impression of the Reach and sister resort, Casa Marina was pretty poor. We ordered drinks and appetizers upon arriving on-site since we'd been traveling all day. We were served spoiled shrimp - now I've eaten in some pretty divey seafood places before but never been served rotten food. It was gross - bad point.
Upon arriving on our room, we were impressed with the decor and personal espresso machine - good point.
We dined in the hotel restaurant for breakfast the nest morning and encountered some very "fishy" salmon - bad point.
We had a great encounter with the concierge and booking our watersports activities - good point.
We experienced rudeness and bad service when ordering drinks around the pool - bad point.
Got a great recommendation for dinner in the area from the front desk - good point.
Never received our NY Times as promised on check in paperwork and when mentioned to the front desk for our refund, as instructed on the check-in papers should you not wish to receive the NY Times, were told this was one thing they were in the process of changing.
So overall, we had a great vacation the experience at the Reach was inconsistent to say the least and if we went again, I think we might look to another place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West