Booked a four night stay at the Reach before reading all the negative reviews. Since it was short notice, I was unable to cancel my reservation. The hotel is about to undergo a much needed 1.5 million renovation this fall/winter 2004. I had signed up for the Wyndham club on line, which is supposed to give you a few freebies upon arrival, such a two welcome drinks and cheese tray. I called to ask about it and was told it would be delivered later, which it never was. There are only two elevators and one was out of order. I was told that it had been a problem for several months. Our room was on the 5th floor, the farthest room away from the only working elevator. The walk was endless just to get to the elevator, which became hassle. The room furnishings are worn and somewhat soiled-such as the upolstery on the sofa and chairs. I asked for an 8 am wake up call this morning, only to have the phone ring at 4 am instead. I had to recall the front desk to re-request the correct wake-up time. The front desk help in the afternoon is less than helpful and not terribly pleasant, although the morning front desk help is more accomodating and cheerful. We've been to Key West 9 times and will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone. It's too pricy for mediocre service and accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West