“Nice Resort with ocean view”

The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night. The room was nice and cozy. Located at the southernmost end of the Keys, has a nice feel to it. The room we got was at the back of the hotel which was a bit of a let down as had to walk long to get to the room. Our room, though, had an ocean view, which kind of compensated for the walk. Staff was pretty helpful. They have self and valet parking. I felt those pricy (but everything in Keys is pricy). Walkable to duval street and southernmost point buoy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vikas G

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Elegant and with good service. A place to relax before and after enjoying the delightful craziness that is Key West.
Rooms were nice, pool service kept our large party lubricated as we enjoyed the sun. Front desk staff was very helpful with other arrangements. HINT: Do the Sea Doo tour, lots of fun!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SkillDog
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is perfectly located, with one real and private beach. Facilities are quite beautiful, rooms are also clean and well equipped, although not the best for a family of 4. Major key west attractions are at a walking distance. The restaurant was also a nice experience, with good food and service for dinner in a superb location. Breakfast was too expensive for what it was, and the service was also less positive. Activities were quite good. Most of the personnel was very polite and kind. We had though a problem with the receptionist Jen, who was quite rude to us and literally gave us the worst room in the hotel (next to some very noising machines), what she corrected the next day.

Room Tip: You should really check the quietness of your room before accepting it. Some of the rooms are close...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Reach is at the end of Duval street. Its is the sister hotel to the Casa Marina which we have stayed at many times. The first time we went to Key West we stayed here at the Reach. This year we are going to stay there again. It has its own small but privite beach. A nice size pool with all the poolside service you could ask for. The rooms are clean and roomy. The balcony view of the ocean is great for morning coffee (which you'll need in Key West) In between the Reach and the Casa is Louies Backyard Grill, Don't pass it up (see review for Luies). Since the Reach and the Casa are sister hotels if you stay at one you can go to the other too! The Casa has a larger though rocky beach area and two pools. They have jet skis and water sports on site. It's a great place to stay in Key West

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark W
Joshua B, Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of our resort here in Key West. We are always pleased to hear from guests who have enjoyed there time here at The Reach and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

A recent weekend stay proved to be great. We were in an upgraded suite, everything needed there. Daily and nightly room service filled all our needs. The pool and beach service was perfect....anything we needed, they were there to help...with a smile and most polite. After reading many of the reviews, we were a bit concerned...however we found none of them to be true.
Location is perfect..two blocks from Duval Street. One of the only properties with "Non-Stoney" beach front. We will definitely stay there again. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NCTravel0r
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay at The Reach Resort.
We are pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Reach Resort sometime in the very near future.

Cindy Acevedo
Cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We enjoyed every bit of our stay-upgraded to an ocean view 1 bedroom king suite...it was my birthday and champagne and chocolates were waiting in the room. With the only natural beach in Key West, it made the trip even more exceptional. Beach was very clean and pool perfect too...enjoyed both a lot. Pool-Beach food was delicious and service excellent. Kris P and Kelly were absolutely wonderful, fun and met our every need. The jet ski tour from the hotel was excellent as well. The gift shop/store is great for a quick breakfast or snack as well. Easy walk to Duvall St. and anywhere else you wished to go.
The only complaint we had for our entire stay (10 days) was housekeeping could have been a bit better. If you asked them to do something, however, it was always done.
We will go back again!

Room Tip: Our room was a King suite on South side...large deck and very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you were able to enjoy our resort, its service, amenities and wonderful activities. We will certainly recognize the staff members that you've mentioned. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Cindy Acevedo
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I want to start with saying that I am not one to complain. I was a hotel assistant manager at a major hotel in San Francisco for years. I also owned a successful restaurant for 15 years until recently selling my share of 50% of the business to my partner. I hate complainers. The Reach Resort is beautiful in a ideal location in Key West. I just stayed there for 3 nights. On the second night, the housekeeper that did the turn down service decided to pull out and make the sofa bed. I come back from a night out and go to bed. I wake up to use the restroom around 4am and I trip and fall because of this sofa bed being made up. My head barely missed the TV cabinet. Otherwise I would not be writing this review and would have cracked my head and bled out on the carpet. At the time it happened I called the front desk and said I almost died, can you please put the sofa back together because I don't need it and it is a hazard. No problem he says. Later before I headed out I called and asked to speak to the manager on duty. He was not available but I left my cell number to call me. He called me back and I told him that I almost died because the unneeded sofa bed was made up and I asked that they please put the sofa back together. He said that he saw my earlier complaint and would take care of it. So after a afternoon away I come back to the hotel and the room had been cleaned but still a unneeded sofa bed made up. I call down again and ask for the manager on duty. A different manager. I tell him my story and ask if he could please send someone up to put the sofa back together. Nothing happens. On my way out I stop at the front desk and ask the front desk agent to please call housekeeping and have them fold up the sofa bed. I go out to dinner and return to the room and the sofa bed is still out.at this point I am frustrated. I call the front desk and I say something to the effect of that really for $450+ a night I have to fold up the sofa bed myself so I don't trip on it again in the middle of the night and kill myself? So after speaking with 3 different desk agents and 2 managers on duty I finally got them to fold up the sofa bed. Completely ridiculous for what I was paying a night.
On the plus side the property is beautiful. The beach is fantastic. You have access to the more expensive Casa Marina a couple of doors down the street. The rooms are comfortable and spacious as long as you don't have a unwanted sofa bed taking up all the space.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sgsilva

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The situation you experienced during your stay is at the very least regrettable. We will ensure that we keep your review in mind as we continue through the year. Working to improve our service is something we take extreme care with, and your experience will prove to be part of how we move forward. Once again, my thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Best Regards,