“Great Location on Beach”

The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed March 18, 2014

While the building is somewhat dated we were upgraded to a ocean view suite (from an ocean view room) on our two-day stay. Had breakfast the first morning, food was fine, but too expensive. Second morning found a nice place in town. Staff was helpful. Location was excellent, on the beach, which is not the norm in Key West and a few blocks away from the action of Duval Street.
This means it was very quiet. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view. Pay a little extra but worth it.
1  Thank EdWroble W

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This place was awesome! I rolled in on My Harley and it was a few days of no worries! These folks know how to take care of their guests! I was extremely satisfied with the room and cleanliness. The hotel staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
2  Thank Christopher W
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is really nice. There is a all-but private beach with viewing jetty out into the water and the poolside area is excellent. It's just not /that/ good a place to warrant the name. It's certainly a good Hilton but even then I've been to way better appointed Hilton branded properties. The rooms were most certainly clean and large enough. The balconies allowed for a pre-dinner drinkies etc. On the whole I was impressed, but only because I had read the reviews here and knew what to expect.
So read and digest so that you don't expect a Waldorf and be disappointed when a Hilton hoves into view.

1  Thank Mark0381
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your observations regarding your recent stay at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. We are using your feedback constructively with our management team to rectify the short comings you noticed. We thank you for caring enough to share your experiences.

Cindy Acevedo
Front Office Manager
Cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Planning a destination wedding is not easy; this is an understatement. However, the attention, care and service we received from The Reach, and specifically from Catering Manager Nicole Noyes, made our wedding planning and execution about as easy as it could possibly have been.

Nicole and the staff at The Reach were always available for our numerous (also an understatement) inquiries and promptly returned any calls or emails; usually within an hour or so. Nicole assisted us in using only the services we wanted and that fit within our budget; at no time did we ever feel pressured to use any service that we were not absolutely sold on. She lent us assistance in contracting with other vendors and helped us understand what we should be asking. This was an ENORMOUS help.

Our wedding went off without a hitch - absolutely fantastic. The staff at The Reach ensured everything was PERFECT, down to the smallest detail. When a drink was spilled by a guest on the gazebo, there were three staff members there within 2 seconds to clean it. Yes, this was the only thing that went "wrong".

The terrace and banquet room were decorated BEAUTIFULLY and surpassed how even we had envisioned it. The food, which was grilled on the terrace by one of the chefs, was simply amazing. The bartenders and servers were fast, courteous and incredibly friendly; and always visible for any needs of our guests. Every piece of furniture, decoration, and lighting/sound equipment was in the precise location. The banquet manager was present and ensured that every detail was followed flawlessly.

The most amazing part of our experience was Nicole being so present and available on the day of our wedding. She took personal care to make sure that not only the bridal party, but also the parents and guests of the wedding, were where they were supposed to be at the exact times they needed to be there. At no time was there ever a worry; she addressed all possible issues before they could ever become "issues".

The only criticism I possibly have is that we were never able to truly thank each member of the staff personally for the incredible job they did in making our wedding dream become the perfect day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sarahpaul2014
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a romantic get away. We had a couple tickets to burn so we flew down to key west to stay at the reach. The suite was great, the views spectacular. The service at the restaurant was poor at best. We sat down and waited 20 minutes and got no service, they said they would be right with us...but not what I expected. I really expected more from a Waldorf resort. Service in the morning was a little better but still not to the standard I would have expected. When I go back I will stay somewhere less expensive since the service was not that much better. All other aspects lived up to my expectations

Room Tip: The pool and the beach were great. The concierge was very helpful. Get a room overlooking the beac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MEC314
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff wasn't as nice as some Hilton's. Our king room was very small no bathtub (not a handicapped room) and you could hear everything from the outside to the ding on the elevator which was around the corner. Was supposed to be a courtyard room and we overlooked the street. The only good thing about this hotel was the beach. It was very close to the hotel and the pool area was nice. I was so disappointed in this Hilton property as it is very expensive and not worth the price. We won't be back to the Reach.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Mary R
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. Our goal is to provide our guests with great service along with a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered while staying with us. We do work hard to establish high standards of quality and guest service, and I am sorry to learn that we failed to achieve these results. I assure you that we are using your feedback constructively with our management team. Training is a continual process for us; therefore your feedback is being used directly with the teams involved. We thank you for caring enough to share your experiences.

Cindy Acevedo
Front Office Manager
Cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The day before checking into The Reach, I stopped by the front desk to confirm my reservation and possibly check for an upgrade which I was willing to pay for. I spoke to Jennifer who very patiently checked reservations and availability and reported that the hotel was completely booked so an upgrade wasn't possible. I did confirm my King bed and requested a room with tub. She looked and was able to secure both requests.
Upon checking in today, she discovered my reservation was changed and I no longer had the ocean view King with a bathtub. Btw, I arrived 4 hours too early for check-in so waited at the pool for my room to become available. I checked back again with Jennifer who was pleased to inform me my room was ready. She apologized for the delay and offered an amenity for my patience.
I got to my room only to discover an Ocean View King Suite complete with tub and separate shower. I love my room and am ever so grateful for Jennifer's persistence with my reservation and requests and her ability to get me everything I asked for AND more. No matter what happens from here on out, my stay is already 5 star for accommodations, service and cleanliness as the room is spotless and smells very fresh. Thank you Jennifer for living up to Waldorf Astoria professionalism.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business