“Perfect Wedding Experience”

The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Planning a destination wedding is not easy; this is an understatement. However, the attention, care and service we received from The Reach, and specifically from Catering Manager Nicole Noyes, made our wedding planning and execution about as easy as it could possibly have been.

Nicole and the staff at The Reach were always available for our numerous (also an understatement) inquiries and promptly returned any calls or emails; usually within an hour or so. Nicole assisted us in using only the services we wanted and that fit within our budget; at no time did we ever feel pressured to use any service that we were not absolutely sold on. She lent us assistance in contracting with other vendors and helped us understand what we should be asking. This was an ENORMOUS help.

Our wedding went off without a hitch - absolutely fantastic. The staff at The Reach ensured everything was PERFECT, down to the smallest detail. When a drink was spilled by a guest on the gazebo, there were three staff members there within 2 seconds to clean it. Yes, this was the only thing that went "wrong".

The terrace and banquet room were decorated BEAUTIFULLY and surpassed how even we had envisioned it. The food, which was grilled on the terrace by one of the chefs, was simply amazing. The bartenders and servers were fast, courteous and incredibly friendly; and always visible for any needs of our guests. Every piece of furniture, decoration, and lighting/sound equipment was in the precise location. The banquet manager was present and ensured that every detail was followed flawlessly.

The most amazing part of our experience was Nicole being so present and available on the day of our wedding. She took personal care to make sure that not only the bridal party, but also the parents and guests of the wedding, were where they were supposed to be at the exact times they needed to be there. At no time was there ever a worry; she addressed all possible issues before they could ever become "issues".

The only criticism I possibly have is that we were never able to truly thank each member of the staff personally for the incredible job they did in making our wedding dream become the perfect day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sarahpaul2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,774)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a romantic get away. We had a couple tickets to burn so we flew down to key west to stay at the reach. The suite was great, the views spectacular. The service at the restaurant was poor at best. We sat down and waited 20 minutes and got no service, they said they would be right with us...but not what I expected. I really expected more from a Waldorf resort. Service in the morning was a little better but still not to the standard I would have expected. When I go back I will stay somewhere less expensive since the service was not that much better. All other aspects lived up to my expectations

Room Tip: The pool and the beach were great. The concierge was very helpful. Get a room overlooking the beac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MEC314
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff wasn't as nice as some Hilton's. Our king room was very small no bathtub (not a handicapped room) and you could hear everything from the outside to the ding on the elevator which was around the corner. Was supposed to be a courtyard room and we overlooked the street. The only good thing about this hotel was the beach. It was very close to the hotel and the pool area was nice. I was so disappointed in this Hilton property as it is very expensive and not worth the price. We won't be back to the Reach.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Mary R
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. Our goal is to provide our guests with great service along with a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered while staying with us. We do work hard to establish high standards of quality and guest service, and I am sorry to learn that we failed to achieve these results. I assure you that we are using your feedback constructively with our management team. Training is a continual process for us; therefore your feedback is being used directly with the teams involved. We thank you for caring enough to share your experiences.

Cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The day before checking into The Reach, I stopped by the front desk to confirm my reservation and possibly check for an upgrade which I was willing to pay for. I spoke to Jennifer who very patiently checked reservations and availability and reported that the hotel was completely booked so an upgrade wasn't possible. I did confirm my King bed and requested a room with tub. She looked and was able to secure both requests.
Upon checking in today, she discovered my reservation was changed and I no longer had the ocean view King with a bathtub. Btw, I arrived 4 hours too early for check-in so waited at the pool for my room to become available. I checked back again with Jennifer who was pleased to inform me my room was ready. She apologized for the delay and offered an amenity for my patience.
I got to my room only to discover an Ocean View King Suite complete with tub and separate shower. I love my room and am ever so grateful for Jennifer's persistence with my reservation and requests and her ability to get me everything I asked for AND more. No matter what happens from here on out, my stay is already 5 star for accommodations, service and cleanliness as the room is spotless and smells very fresh. Thank you Jennifer for living up to Waldorf Astoria professionalism.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ARubins
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great service- incredibly friendly staff, clean, and great location. The gym is awesome, with plenty of equipment. The pool and beach are open and not overcrowded. Lots of games and things to do. Nice to be able to use facilities at the casa marina, but the stuff at the reach is better. The staff is fantastic and obviously goes out of their way to make guests feel welcome.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank J Eliza A

We are pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Reach Resort sometime in the very near future.

Front Desk Manager
Cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We enjoy our stay for 2 days in this excellent hotel. Perfect location, large room and bathroom. Professional service. A right location with a nice little beach with excellent service Good breakfast
Close at hotel, short path on the beach, there is a fantastic restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank emisuper
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay at The Reach Resort.
We are pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Reach Resort sometime in the very near future.

Cindy.Acevedo@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights and really enjoyed it. The beach area is very nice with free use of the loungers there. The staff taking care of the beach area were amazing! They even came around and cleaned our sunglasses for us! The little restaurant beachside was great for lunch, too. Pool area was very nice. The rooms are nicely updated. The best part of this property is that you can easily walk to Duval and enjoy the best of Key West without driving around and finding parking, which can be a nightmare. Each evening we would head out for sunset cocktails at sunset pier and then have dinner and dessert on our return walk back. Perfect stay!

Room Tip: If you spring for an ocean view you will be glad you did. Even if you do not, it's still a great...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe M

We are glad you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.