The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our stay at the Reach Hotel was the best hotel we have ever stayed. The staff was top notch. Very accomidating and couldn't have been better. I rate the excellent. Our room was beautiful, clean and directly beach front. I would go back in a heart beat. Thank you so much to all who made our 40th wedding anniversary one we will never forget.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Write a ReviewReviews (3,872)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed for 5 days during fantasy fest in Oct 2013. Long story short, I just booked next year's stay here (and I requested the same room I had so HOOK ME UP please!!!!). This year we are staying 7 days.

Yes, it is quite expensive, but I AM WORTH IT. And so is this hotel. Any of the reviews that say "this is not Waldorf Standards" or "blah blah blah this is like a glorified Hilton" or whatever....Whatever. What I can tell you is that I found this hotel to be AMAZING.

Pros:
1. Unbelievable view of the ocean and beach from my balcony. My room was ridiculous and i want to stay in that exact room every year I go back for the rest of my natural life. When i die, I want to spend the rest of my unnatural life there. Bathroom was SPACIOUS, room was great. (Again, shameless plea that the hotel gives me the same room inserted here).
2. Extremely helpful, and friendly Concierges...and i mean that in plural. Top notch professional and suggestions/recommendations were spot on. In fact, Everyone was helpful and friendly. Everyone. Anyone who reviewed the staff as "unfriendly" should remember that people usually treat you as you treat them. I had no issues whatsoever and found the staff to be genuinely nice and interested.
3. Pool guys- these guys deserve special mention. Beyond professional and helpful. HUGE selling point for this Hotel in my opinion. Really good guys.
4. The grounds/pool/beach is simply spectacular. Grounds are well groomed and maintained. Very impressed with the attention to detail.
5. Hotel was NOT on Duval. In fact, its at the very bottom and one block to the left. Perfect. Go to the madness when you want, and leave it when you are done. I would rather shave my eyeballs than stay on Duval. This hotel is a long, nice walk or a short taxi ride and i mean short from all the craziness of Duval. Its nice to go home for a peaceful night sleep when the fun is over!!!!
6. This hotel was really magnificent. I disagree with the bad reviews. I was a little apprehensive before I booked. It is NOT a cheap hotel and i was weary of what to expect based upon some of what i read. I can't speak for you, but I was NOT disappointed AT ALL. I am beyond pleased with my stay here and as i said above, I already booked my room for next year (hah!, again, i only hope THEY GIVE ME THE SAME ROOM!!!)

Cons:
1. It cost a lot. A lot. No way around that and no way around the additional taxes the state and county levy. That sucked. However, in fairness, I got my monies worth and I was not displeased with ANY aspect of my stay. it was WORTH it. I break my @@@ all year long and I deserved it. Also, the surrounding places ARE NOT cheap either and are NO WHERE near as nice. So take that into account. I did. We went down with friends that stayed somewhere nearby that in my opinion, was no where near as nice. Small, cramped, no where near as clean, but yes, less expensive. But still expensive. I'd pay the extra every time for what we got compared to them. Sure, it would be great if it was 50% cheaper. It would also be great if Cindy Crawford decided she did make a mistake and left her hubby for a shot with me.
2. I have to complain about something. Wash cloths. I don't know what our housekeeping had against leaving them for us, but she forgot a couple of times. She also kept pulling out the sofa bed every night even though we had no guests staying. I didn't complain because the room was immaculate, she was friendly and did a hell of job each day. So a quick call to the front desk got us wash cloths and it took about a second to put the sofa bed away. Not really a complaint because i thought it was thoughtful on her part to begin with.

Look, i could go on all night. This vacation was in my top 2 of all time. Fantasy Fest was a blast, Key West is ridiculous, and i am not even interested in looking at the other hotels as this one was perfect, for me anyway. Don't hesitate booking here.

Room Tip: Ocean View was incredible. I wish I could post the post card view I had from my balcony. Maybe I ca...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I were given the opportunity to get away for a couple days, so we chose to make our stay right here at home in Key West at The Reach.

Check-in was easy. No fuss. Parking is valet or self, so we just parked in a neighborhood nearby using our local wisdom.

The room was clean with no discernible scent. The bed felt comfy, the water was hot and the balcony was a brilliant place to take morning coffee. The grounds were impeccably manicured and the staff seemed friendly and helpful. A word to the wise, though - delivery from local establishments is not allowed past the lobby, so be prepared.

Later in the day we took in the private beach where Kris helped us enjoy ourselves with a fantastic beach bed and ice lollies. In the evening we watched a brilliant sunset from The Reach's famous Gazebo.

The only downside was that we heard our poor, sick neighbor through the air ducts. He had it rough.

Altogether we had a restful holiday enjoying our stay-cation in Key West, and we'd do it again.

Room Tip: The island view isn't bad, but if you want the full effect be sure to request an ocean or courty...
2  Thank Trevor D
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting Key West. It is Paradise and then some!! They have a private beach with hammocks hanging between the palm trees. You can go to sleep on the beach in the double hammock. While laying out on the beach they will bring free popsickles to you or any beverages you want. They have an outdoor pooltable and all of the rooms are New and give you that Island Feeling. If your looking for a Romantic Getaway go Here!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Overall, we felt like The Reach was just average. Nothing spectacular about this property. We had much higher expectations for a Waldorf Astoria resort and we were very let down by the rooms and the overall stay. We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank fwcowboy
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is my go-to hotel in Key West. Amazing location. I always recommend it to family, friends, colleagues, etc. From check-in to the beach, the staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect. The Strip House is absolutely fantastic. Kudos to the bar staff for amazing cocktails. Oh, and helloooo, Nespresso in the room! Just like home. Hop in a hammock, turn the phone off and leave the world behind. That's my #1 tip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allison S
Bilal M, Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that we made your vacation enjoyable. Our goal is to provide our guests with great service along with a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere.

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We read the reviews before coming to Key West from Wisconsin. There was a mixture of good and bad. I told my wife that we have to take reviews with a grain of salt. That a lot of people that review are reviewing because they just want to be heard. Not the case with me. I'm here to put all the bad reviews to the side. The Reach Resort is incredible!! We stay in hotels around the Midwest about 2 of the 4 weekends of each month. Comparably speaking, the staff at The Reach were incredible compared to almost every hotel we've been to! Extremely friendly and helpful!! The Resort itself is incredibly beautiful!! We were here for a week in late November and the grounds were extremely lush and beautiful! The beach was "combed" and cleaned daily so each day it was pristine. The room was very comfortable with a fantastic view of the ocean (I recommend the 5th floor with the ocean view!). I'm not sure what else to say. I asked my wife if there was anything that we could complain about....any small detail that I was missing that could be improved upon. She said no. Our trip was incredible and we will definitely return!!
To The Reach Resort and all of their employees: A Job Very Well Done!! We will definitely share our experiences with others!!
Thank You!!

Room Tip: Pick a room with an ocean view preferably on an upper floor so you can get a complete view of the be...
1  Thank Cheesebroker

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again with us.

Best regards,