We read the reviews and took the chance as a few we're very negative...must admit we were skeptical. When we checked in our ocean view room ended up being a tree top view with a spec of the ocean. We immediately went to front desk to 'complain' and the staff did what they could to find us a much better room with proper ocean view. From then on everything went very well.
What we liked:
The Beach is private and natural with nice white sand (hard to find on KW) although small, friendly staff, gym has a few cardio machines and free weights, overall property and rooms clean. Rooms acceptable but a little tired decor
What we did not like:
ocean view room..if you are lucky , shower pressure (although we could have complained about that). Air quality in room a little stuffy
Overall pleased and would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West