“relaxing get away where you are treated like gold” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Key West
London Ontario, Canada
“relaxing get away where you are treated like gold”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

wonderful property where the staff are very attentive. Chuck,Brian and Wes at the door,Paul,Stephanie on the front desk, Dahybis at the coffee shop and John and Patrick at the beach! Everyone couldn't do enough for us!
Champagne served in the lobby every afternoon. It was a wonderful get away for us. We walked to little,restaurants everyday as this is a great location.

Room Tip: Ocean view is best
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul B, Front Office Manager at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Our business is making your vacation the best vacation possible! We are all so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at The Reach Resort! Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. Please be in touch if your travels bring you back to Key West. We would love to pamper you once again! Paul Bartush, Front Desk Manager, The Reach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Polish first
Malverne, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Lovely spot and extremely welcoming staff. One of the few hotels in Key West with a private beach. Many amenities available as well. Good for sport or relaxing in one of the many hammocks between the palm trees. Just off the beaten path: short, short walk to Duval Street and all the shops and nightlife. I would recommend AND return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Terri R
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We enjoyed our two nights here. Very expensive, but we found a deal through Hilton. The location is awesome, just a block off the quieter end of Duvall St. You can walk anywhere from here, but it is a peaceful spot with its own small beach. Breakfast would have been nice for the price... But everywhere in Key West seems pricey. Not sure I would stay here again unless similar discounts were offered by Hilton.

COPLAY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Beautiful upscale hotel with a boutique feel. Service was their #1 priority and it showed. Everyone we dealt with there seemed to really like their job. We waited a long time for this trip so it meant alot that the staff were so accommodating. We new when we first got to the desk it was really going to be a pleasure being here. First we upgraded our room and the reservation pro at the desk picked it out with us, it was awesome. The concierge did everything for us, and we did alot. Sunset cruise, scootering around the island (awesome). Massage on the beach not too shabby either. I loved our room, great view of the beach, sunsets and the pool. John was the man at our pool, even found us a little out of the way Italian restaurant for our last night. Good food, great bartenders, beautiful ocean, Duval St right around the corner . Quiet, peaceful but ready to party too! Would go back NOW? Any takers???

Room Tip: Ask to see the map at the desk, and trust the clerks, they know their stuff.
3 Thank Rosemary W
Paul B, Front Office Manager at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide an overview of your stay at The Reach Resort. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacation to its fullest and that our staff were able to assist you in doing so. It is our absolute pleasure when our guests are enjoying all that The Reach has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again (soon)! Our best, Paul Bartush, Front Desk Manager, The Reach Resort
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Although the beach and pool area is nice at this property, I would not stay here again. it is simply not up to par for the price you pay and I am shocked that this hotel is included under the Waldorf-Astoria brand. Honestly, I've stayed in Hampton Inns that had more impressive rooms and I usually try to avoid Hampton Inns unless they are new.

The lobby is not impressive by any stretch of the imagination. It's small and bland. the "corridors" are outside. Doesn't that make this a motel instead of a hotel? Nothing about the outdoor hallways says luxury or even true cleanliness. As a Hilton gold member, I was supposedly given an upgraded room. ! The room was adequate at best. it wasn't new. it wasn't large, the balcony was downright grimy, including a dirty ashtray on the table outside. the bathroom was pretty terrible. We had an obstructed door to the shower. Our room looked worn and so not worthy of the price we paid. I shudder to think of what our un-upgraded room would have looked like. I probably would have refused to check in. Our "upgraded room" had a very partial, very obstructed view of the water. Um, right..... in all honestly, we faced about 60 other rooms. it was reminiscent of the movie "Rear Window." This hotel would be a peeping tom's delight. Close your shades!

The one saving grace of this hotel is the beach and pool area. Key West is not known for beaches or crystal clear waters so by comparison, the beach here is rather nice. And the pool is nice too. The pool area staff was great.

But this place was NOT worth the price we paid and I will not list it here as my husband doesn't know what we paid and he would be LIVID to know what our less than even mediocre room cost for the night.

When I checked out, I was asked if our stay was nice. I said no, not really. I told the manager that the pool and beach area was nice but that the room itself was AMAZINGLY disappointing and that the price of our stay was totally NOT WORTH IT AT ALL. Obviously, this was a rhetorical question as he did nothing to rectify the situation or even say much of anything..... just a smile and my receipt handed to me.

Lesson learned for me on this one. I usually try to be pretty loyal to Hilton because of the benefits I sometimes receive but in a place like Key West where you can find much more interesting places to stay for a much better price, that's a way better bet. I will not forget next time and we will NOT be staying at this property again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank bonsai35
Darnestown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I found The Reach Hotel fine for a low key visit to Key West. My room, ocean view, was great but the room did not have a bath tub, only a shower, which my wife and I both found disappointing. The Wi-Fi was poor but the bed was great. Housekeeping was fine and the rooms were clean and fresh. I feel the Waldorf name is overplayed. If you are looking for the Ritz this is not it, but if you are looking for a nice hotel with a friendly staff, and want to come and go without fanfare, The Reach is a nice spot.

1 Thank JSG924
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well, if your expecting a waldorf-astoria type property- be advised. Not what we expected, the only redemind thing i can say about our stay was that it was a business trip(room fee paid by business)otherwise I would be extremely disappointed. My wife ordered breakfast room service while i was at a business meeting; it took over an hour for the breakfast to arrive, plus my wife ordered eggs with bacon and toast = cost over $50.00 - are you kidding me? lastly, the rooms are tiny and on last day of checkout we noticed one of our bags, a recycling bag (which had approx over $200.00 in khiel's skin care items was missing). when i reported it to front desk, they sent hotel security over and took me in back room and began interigating me; i was happy to ablige with them to furnish information but i must say, they weren't exactly apologetic, their tone was more hostile. Overall experience, i wouldn't reccomend this location to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business