Silver Palms Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
$239
$557
$237
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$233
$171
Priceline
$273
Hotelpower.com
$324
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha(Key West)(Great Value!)
$228
TripAdvisor
4,072 results
All reviewscasa marinanatural beachprivate beachsister resortduval streetocean viewbeach staffsouthernmost pointlouie's backyardjet skipalm treeslaid backfew blocksconciergepopsiclespierdoorman
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Others have mentioned this hotel is not the same quality as other Waldorf Astoria Resorts (For ex: The Boulders in Arizona or Boca Beach Club), but Key West has its own casual flavor, and The Reach embraces it!

My husband and I had an extraordinary experience! As an anniversary present, I surprised him with a vacation at The Reach for 3 nights after the Thanksgiving holiday. I am a diamond Hilton member and used points for the stay. I followed the recommendations of others on Trip Advisor and mentioned our surprise anniversary stay when making the reservation, and we were received with incredible service and surprises! Although our room was not available when we tried to check in at 3pm, the Front Desk recorded my cell phone number and promptly called at 4pm when the room was ready. Because the hotel is so closely located to Duval Street, it was no inconvenience for us to wander for an hour. When we returned to the hotel for check in, it was festive with celebratory champagne in the lobby. (Does this happen every day?) Upon check in, the staff said the luggage was already delivered to our room - very considerate and convenient! We accepted the room key and ventured to find it. When we walked into our top floor ocean view room (upgrade?) - all I can say is WOW! There was a beautiful display of anniversary mylar balloons, champagne and box of chocolates waiting for us! It was an extremely thoughtful surprise and truly special welcome!

Additional feedback:
- Our room was clean, large and modern decor with a great ocean view. (Small balcony)
- Concierge recommendations were excellent - "Wind and Wine" and Helicopter Tour
- Complimentary cocktails at the hotel bar were well received with outstanding service from the attentive bartender.
- "Together Forever" sand sculpture - PERFECT!

It was a completely romantic getaway! Thank you to the entire Hilton Team for the special details - it is why The Reach is a Waldorf Astoria property. =-)

Room Tip: If you are celebrating a special event, (as others have said on Trip Advisor) mention it when booking your reservation.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed January 19, 2013

First time in key west and love it will come back and stay at the same place
Love it
Your ever wish they make it happen without hesitate
Good eye view littel far from the mail street witch is duval street but if u get the scooter this is 2 minuts drive and perfect place to be

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Sunny1234567
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband & I (Bob & Shannon Workman/Indianapolis, IN) thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Reach. The room, the view, the staff, and location to downtown were exceptional. Can't say enough about the beach crew (Barefoot) specifically John, Ricardo and Patrick...they were wonderful! We wish to extend a special thank you to all employed by the Reach and we hope to come back year after year!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon W
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a great experience at The Reach, which I would characterize as a mini-resort with the feel of a large boutique hotel. Everything was modern, clean, comfortable, and useful; it's vibe is laid-back and relaxing. We spent a day at The Reach's pool/beach and a day at Casa Marina, its larger sister resort, which is a block away and you can use. My impressions:

* The Reach and Casa Marina both have white sand beaches and piers -- a rarity on Key West. The beach was important to me; if it is to you too, just note that the beach side of the island is the windward side, so there was always silt and seaweed at the shore. I'm sure it varies by weather, of course. You can easily walk into the water at The Reach and easily access the water from the pier at Casa Marina (Casa Marina had rocks right at the shore line).

* Both beach and pool staffs were good, but I thought The Reach's staff were better, as were The Reach's drinks. The Reach is more low-key and smaller, so maybe that's why; we seemed to get perks like tiny cups of frozen daquiries and popcicles at The Reach, but they never made it to us at Casa Marina.

* For swimmers wanting to do laps, The Reach's pool is far better than most resort pools because of the length (20m, I think?) and shape, which allows you to do laps with distance from other guests not swimming back and forth like you; the speckled bottom, which helped me see the wall; and the fact it was as crystal clear. They obviously work very hard at keeping the pool free of palms, leaves, feathers, etc.

* The Reach has a fifth-floor rooftop with lounge chairs and the most amazing view of the sunset! And no one's ever up there! It's seriously a hidden gem. Probably not high-traffic because there isn't bar service up there, but maybe that's a better thing.

* I got a massage at the Casa Marina's spa. The massage therapist was great. I considered doing the beach-side massage, but I didn't want to hear other guests; although the massage huts are at the end of the beach, they're near the activity area -- still a nice option though! The indoor spa itself was a bit odd; it had no real waiting area.

* We ate one lunch at The Reach's seaside restaurant, and I was shocked at how good it was because hotel restaurants can sometimes fall flat. I had a quesadilla -- simple, right? -- but it was the most amazing quesadilla ever. And the homemade salsa -- such fresh tomatoes! Details like this made that meal just as memorable as the view.

* Someone in another review for The Reach said the photos did not match the actual site. I found photos to be accurate except for one that both The Reach and Casa Marina use interchangeably: the photo of the hammock in between two palms situated on a white-sand beach with nothing in sight but calm, turquoise waters. I'm sure it's just meant to capture the "spirit" of the resorts, but considering those calm, turquoise waters are not typical of Key West itself, I agree that one can be misleading to someone who shops via visuals and wants that "perfect" beach.

* The Reach's concierge directed us to a really great off-the-beaten path restaurant and provided good, practical advice. The only hiccup I experienced was the activity schedule information. I wanted to do yoga on the pier, which is at Casa Marina, and got three conflicting answers among The Reach's concierge, the Casa Marina's Spa attendant whom I spoke with on the phone, and the seemingly up-to-date activity schedule that was in my room.

Staying right on the water is important to me in addition to wanting an all-around good experience, so if I were to return to Key West, I would most likely stay at The Reach (or Casa Marina) again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SaraZ23
Paul B, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Sara,

what else can I say but "Thank you!"? We all appreciate the time that you took to summarize your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Reach to the extent that you did. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

My best, Paul Bartush, Front Desk Manager, The Reach Resort.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

A bit steep once you add the tax and the premises use fee: $350 + $80 = $430. Rooms were nice but not exceptional. Key West is so interesting that we hardly used the facilities at the hotel. although the views were beautiful at night.The king bed was very comfortable but the mattress moved a lot with each movement.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple