When we go to Key West either just the two of us or with the kids or with friends there is only one place to stay and that is The Reach. The rooms are upscale(for Key West), always spotless, the staff and ambiance is unequaled any where else in Key West. We've stayed at just about every hotel down there and we feel most a home here, in fact no place even comes close.
Lets start with the little things, Free bottles of water everywhere, iced lemon lime water everywhere, free news papers(Times & WSJ) great gym to workout in. Then you get a really great beach to hang out on, great beach staff from Patrick and John handing out cucumbers for your eyes, a eucalypti frozen towel to cool you off in the hot sun, free ice pops for the kids, frozen fruit coladas, Teresa being there everytime you need a cocktail, and then really great food from the Strip Teak House served to you right on the beach. Not sure what else you can ask for!
The only slight negative I can come up with is that the Breakfast Buffet can be improved, the setting is awesome out on the veranda overlooking the beach but the food selection is limited and not the best. BUT its a short walk form the Reach to Blue Heaven for the best breakfast place in Key West so not all is lost regarding breakfast.
Paul the manager is awesome and always makes sure you are satisfied and comfortable. We are just so happy everytime we stay here because of Paul and his great staff. If you've been to the Waldorf in NY don't expect the same here. Remember its Key West! Some people get turned off because they are expecting the Manhattan Waldorf. Take it down a notch and get into the laid back spirit of Key West, let the staff take care of you and you'll have a great time-Guaranteed!
One last thing, it is on the quieter end of the strip, no cruise ship crowds to deal with and you can still walk to any restaurant worth going to. Ask Paul for food recommendations, he turned us onto the Flaming Buoy which we just love. Had to cross one our favorites off our list to make room for this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West