We stayed at the Reach Resort on Key West for a few days. It was the perfect spot for a Key West visit. All the way on the southern side of Duval street, away from all of the noise but close enough to walk to all of the action. The Reach is on the ocean side of Key West two blocks from the southern most point, Hemingway's house and the Key West lighthouse. A cab ride to Duval street will cost you $8 if you do not want to search for parking or ride bikes or walk the 1 mile.
We were upgraded for free to a suite when we checked in early. Since the room was not yet ready we decided to walk to Duval street and check it out. After a long afternoon and evening checking out the sights in Key West we returned to the Reach to complete our check in. Upon arrival to our room we discovered that the bathroom only had a shower. We did not think to request a bath tub when we made our reservations. So we contacted Paul Bartush the Front Desk Manager and explained the situation and he was able to find us a suite with a bathtub for the duration of our stay.
The suite was spacious and clean and the A/C kept the room very chilled. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept on in a hotel. I was so glad the we decided to stay at the Reach. There is a $50 a day resort fee and an $18 a day parking fee over and above the room fee. I would prefer that all of the fees were added into the price of the room so that you can compare the true cost of the room with others in the area when deciding where to make reservations. But even with the Resort and parking fee's factored in, the Reach is an outstanding value and a family friendly resort. It is a great place to stay so book with confidence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West