“Loved, loved, loved it!”

The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Naperville, Illinois
“Loved, loved, loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Fantastic views, fantastically comfortable beds, outstanding service! The beach concierge service and the surf shack guys are the bomb. Hooked us up with the best seats on the beach and the best waverunner tour of the island. Only downside was the elevator in our building was out of service and the pool could've used a little better filtering. We sat beachside the entire time so the pool was a non-issue for us. The cuban pork sandwich was wonderful and when ordering a cocktail, plan in advance, it takes a little time for them to get back to you. Upon arrival and checkout the service was worth every penny. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside or beachfront or you may end up with a room on the garage side which can be occas...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Front Office Manager at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide you with a relaxing and luxurious stay. We look forward to having you back with us at The Reach again soon! Please let us know if we can assist you in making future stays as memorable!

The Reach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Polish first
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful, renovated and cozy hotel with a beach included. Pool for the ones that like pools and a beautiful beach for ones the like to relax in front of the ocean.
Rooms are clean and nice.
My 7 years old kid had good time on the beach and relaxing on the hammocks.

• Stayed November 2011
North Andover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I came to KW for our first solo vacay since kids. The Reach was perfect. So here is an interesting fact. KW has no natural beaches, we learned from our guide on the Jet Ski tour which is an absolute MUST, so much fun! If a beach is on your list, then The Reach is your spot. Some claim it is too far from the "action" on Duval. They're just lazy. It's a great walk to the other end and the restaurants and bars start early on. Rooms were clean, spacious with just enough amentities. Besides, you won't be inside much anyway. Hoping to make this an annual event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at The Reach. Thank you for chosing us for your first "solo" couple trip! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ropesville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked a weekend at the Reach using my husband's reward points. When we arrived, we had been upgraded to a fabulous room with lofted ceilings, and a gorgeous view of the pool and beach. The room was spacious, sparkling clean, and smelled fabulous - not always what you get in a beach-front hotel. We arrived late, and were not dressed for dinner, but stopped by Strip House to get suggestions on a casual meal nearby. They insisted that we come on in - casual dress was fine, so we did. The filet was cooked and seasoned perfectly, and the scallops were the best I've had in years. On Saturday, we hung out at the pool after breakfast in town. It was clean, and not over-crowded. If you're looking for a site for a wedding, the pier is gorgeous! They were dredging the beach while we were there, though, so the smell of stagnant beach kept wafting into the pool area and into the public areas of the resort. If you walked down to the beach, upwind from the construction, it was OK, but WHEW, the stank was something else. They tell me that this is a very rare occasion, so hopefully it will not be that way on YOUR trip to the Keys. The wait-staff at the pool was a little slow, but not to the point I would complain. Spent the evening in town, and returned to, yet again, a fabulously clean room with chocolates on the pillows. The weekend was one to remember, and I highly suggest you take in this gem on Key West.
I'm rating the service at a 4, only because of the pool service. Otherwise, it was fabulous!

Room Tip: Ask for a loft - top floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Your review made my day! As I read it, I imagined each of these scenarios and was thrilled to see that our staff were warm and welcoming. I am thankful that you were understanding of the condition of the beach. I hope that you will visit us again. If I can be of assistance, please be in touch with me via email: paul.bartush@waldorfastoria.com

Havertown, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The view from this hotel is amazing. A Key West experience different from the previous I've had -- The pool and beach area were my absolute favorite. Waking up each morning and having my coffee on the pier was my favorite part! It's a very relaxing atmosphere. Patrick, who works the beach and pool area, was THE BEST! So attentive, always had our towels ready when he saw us! The popsicles served poolside, along with the frozen towels, were a GREAT addition! You can tell he loves his job. Always pleasant and friendly! The Reach is lucky to have him.
The hotel itself was nice, our room was clean, and our ocean front view was great to wake up to every morning. The hotel is also convenient to Duval St. (Be prepared to walk a lot or take taxis if and when you get tired though! Not a big deal -- Cab fare wasn't that pricey.) There is a little corner store "Ana's Deli" down the street which served the BEST Cuban Sandwiches! A must!
The only thing that I didn't "love" about The Reach was the restaurant/hotel bar on site, STRIP HOUSE. It's decorated very dark, gloomy and doesn't fit in with the tropical sights of the rest of the hotel. However, besides that, I would definitely stay there again! Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, ocean view room (although the palm tree tops got in the way of our vi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gina, thank you for taking the time to submit your review of The Reach. I am always appreciative to hear from our guests both during and after their stays.

Patrick is a very valuable member of our team. I was very happy to see that his love of his job was apparent to you! Do come back and visit us again. Patrick will have a popsicle waiting for you!

Take care,
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Good location, not far from Duval Street, but far enough from the crowds. Beautiful Atlantic Ocean views; smallish beach w/nice pier and pool area. Room very clean. Mini-bar area w/fridge, sink, espresso maker. Comfortable bed, good lighting. Not many channel options on TV. Restaurant had decent brunch with very friendly service. Would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
pleasanton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Key West vacation turned to be one of the best and the Reach helped my stay become more enjoyable. After a bit of complaining I got a decent garden view room, since the hotel was quite empty. Thanks to Paul for taking care of that and making adjustments ! Excellent service. Housekeeping may have forgotten to clean my room for a few times, but it was taken care of when I brought it to the notice of the staff. Also I was unaware of free wifi. I thought there was an additional charge, would have been nice to be made aware of it during checkin or a big sign . The private beach, the in room facilities, quiet ambience, the closeness to Duval street, with its rich cultural attractions and laid back safe lifestyle, make this a great hotel. Food at the restaurant was pricey but good. I really want to go back to the Reach and Key West.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple