The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
3,934 results
All reviewscasa marinanatural beachprivate beachsister resortduval streetocean viewbeach staffsouthernmost pointlouie's backyardjet skipalm treeslaid backconciergepopsiclespierdoormanpatrick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked a weekend at the Reach using my husband's reward points. When we arrived, we had been upgraded to a fabulous room with lofted ceilings, and a gorgeous view of the pool and beach. The room was spacious, sparkling clean, and smelled fabulous - not always what you get in a beach-front hotel. We arrived late, and were not dressed for dinner, but stopped by Strip House to get suggestions on a casual meal nearby. They insisted that we come on in - casual dress was fine, so we did. The filet was cooked and seasoned perfectly, and the scallops were the best I've had in years. On Saturday, we hung out at the pool after breakfast in town. It was clean, and not over-crowded. If you're looking for a site for a wedding, the pier is gorgeous! They were dredging the beach while we were there, though, so the smell of stagnant beach kept wafting into the pool area and into the public areas of the resort. If you walked down to the beach, upwind from the construction, it was OK, but WHEW, the stank was something else. They tell me that this is a very rare occasion, so hopefully it will not be that way on YOUR trip to the Keys. The wait-staff at the pool was a little slow, but not to the point I would complain. Spent the evening in town, and returned to, yet again, a fabulously clean room with chocolates on the pillows. The weekend was one to remember, and I highly suggest you take in this gem on Key West.
I'm rating the service at a 4, only because of the pool service. Otherwise, it was fabulous!

Room Tip: Ask for a loft - top floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Your review made my day! As I read it, I imagined each of these scenarios and was thrilled to see that our staff were warm and welcoming. I am thankful that you were understanding of the condition of the beach. I hope that you will visit us again. If I can be of assistance, please be in touch with me via email: paul.bartush@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The view from this hotel is amazing. A Key West experience different from the previous I've had -- The pool and beach area were my absolute favorite. Waking up each morning and having my coffee on the pier was my favorite part! It's a very relaxing atmosphere. Patrick, who works the beach and pool area, was THE BEST! So attentive, always had our towels ready when he saw us! The popsicles served poolside, along with the frozen towels, were a GREAT addition! You can tell he loves his job. Always pleasant and friendly! The Reach is lucky to have him.
The hotel itself was nice, our room was clean, and our ocean front view was great to wake up to every morning. The hotel is also convenient to Duval St. (Be prepared to walk a lot or take taxis if and when you get tired though! Not a big deal -- Cab fare wasn't that pricey.) There is a little corner store "Ana's Deli" down the street which served the BEST Cuban Sandwiches! A must!
The only thing that I didn't "love" about The Reach was the restaurant/hotel bar on site, STRIP HOUSE. It's decorated very dark, gloomy and doesn't fit in with the tropical sights of the rest of the hotel. However, besides that, I would definitely stay there again! Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, ocean view room (although the palm tree tops got in the way of our view!) Directly down below our room was the big chess board. No loud AC units. Would recommend a top floor room since it was nice to have couches and chairs on the roof to hang out on at night and have a few drinks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gina, thank you for taking the time to submit your review of The Reach. I am always appreciative to hear from our guests both during and after their stays.

Patrick is a very valuable member of our team. I was very happy to see that his love of his job was apparent to you! Do come back and visit us again. Patrick will have a popsicle waiting for you!

Take care,

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Good location, not far from Duval Street, but far enough from the crowds. Beautiful Atlantic Ocean views; smallish beach w/nice pier and pool area. Room very clean. Mini-bar area w/fridge, sink, espresso maker. Comfortable bed, good lighting. Not many channel options on TV. Restaurant had decent brunch with very friendly service. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Key West vacation turned to be one of the best and the Reach helped my stay become more enjoyable. After a bit of complaining I got a decent garden view room, since the hotel was quite empty. Thanks to Paul for taking care of that and making adjustments ! Excellent service. Housekeeping may have forgotten to clean my room for a few times, but it was taken care of when I brought it to the notice of the staff. Also I was unaware of free wifi. I thought there was an additional charge, would have been nice to be made aware of it during checkin or a big sign . The private beach, the in room facilities, quiet ambience, the closeness to Duval street, with its rich cultural attractions and laid back safe lifestyle, make this a great hotel. Food at the restaurant was pricey but good. I really want to go back to the Reach and Key West.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Spent 4 days here with my 16 yr old for a mother-daughter get-a-way. We got off to a rocky start, but the hotel did everything right to make it an enjoyable stay which included an upgrade, waiving of fees and a credit. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. My daughter took amazing photos. The beach staff works hard in the heat. (We especially liked Patrick. He gave us great local restaurant referrals) Be sure to tip and treat them well! We also loved the jet ski excursion.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at The Reach. I am sorry to hear that the beginning of your trip was bumpy but thankful to hear that we were able to make arrangements to put your vacation with your daughter back on track. I think that it is important to hear from guests about how, when things don't go the way you imagined they would, staff react to make appropriate corrections. Thank you for sharing the fantastic photographs as well!