Silver Palms Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Restaurant
$329
$296
  • Beachfront
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$233
$171
Priceline
$324
Cancelon
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha(Key West)(Great Value!)
$228
Cancelon
4,073 results
All reviewscasa marinanatural beachprivate beachsister resortduval streetocean viewbeach staffsouthernmost pointlouie's backyardjet skipalm treeslaid backfew blocksconciergepopsiclespierdoorman
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My English friend and I planned a one night trip to Key West, driving from Miami Beach where I had already rented a studio apartment for the month. I had done this same trip once, two years ago, and just walked into the Southernmost Hotel and even got a discount there, so I was dismayed when I started searching the Southernmost and other Victorian B & B's (I am an antique dealer), and could find no vacancies. I was afraid, then, to just drive down with no booking, so after several calls with "no vacancy replies," we booked The Reach through Hotels.com. Even with Hotels.com, the cheapest room here was 336.50, and that did not include the parking, and the $25 resort fee, so this was quite expensive I thought, but as it was the Waldorf, I expected to be surrounded by luxury. It was nice enough; I can't really complain about anything except that I think some breakfast should have been included and it wasn't. There was a fancy expresso machine in the room, but I don't drink coffee and wanted tea, so I called the front desk, and I must say they brought a tea maker and tea right up. There was a fridge in the room, with only one $5 bottle of water which was clearly marked which we did not drink, and there were two complimentary bottles of water on a serving tray. I personally did not like the dark, ultra modern furniture, but that's the antique dealer in me. The concierge there was helpful and he booked us a very nice sunset sail boat trip. I was tired and came in from the long walk to and fro from the dock and went to bed, but my friend went down to the bar and she said it was lovely and the drinks were only $10, so that was a plus. We had a nice balcony with a partial view of the ocean which was very nice also, though we really were not there long enough to use it. One minor complaint is that there really wasn't enough room to hang the towels in the bathroom without hanging them in reach of the shower where they would get wet. I was never able to get my ipad online, though I was picking up the signal, but I'm sure they would have helped me with this if I had called. I wasn't there long enough to ask, and I didn't use the pool or the nice beach facilities, so I did not really get any use of the required resort fee, though that wasn't the fault of the hotel. I'm sure if one wanted to stay there, and wanted to spend that much money, the resort activities were nice. We made our trip the Thursday before President's day, and the island was booked. When I make this one or two night trip again, I'll try to go earlier in the month as I did before, and will try again for the Southernmost House which was so beautiful, historic, and which I preferred. Again, my biggest complaint is that no breakfast, not even a continental one, was included. I did view the breakfast buffet and it looked nice, but did not inquire as to the price because I figured it was more than I wanted to pay. In summary, this hotel was nice enough, but not as luxurious as I would have expected one carrying the Waldorf Astoria name to be.

Room Tip: I would try for a room where the balcony had an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robbinsroost
Reviewed February 18, 2012

A wonderfully relaxing resort, right on the beach (if the weather allows for swimming). Front desk manager, Kevin Otway, was very helpful in accommodating my room request.. Recommend booking a bed & breakfast room. Serving staff at breakfast on the terrace were very friendly. The service on the whole was very good at the resort without being stuffy or pretentious. My one reservation is that there is not enough shade around the pool, However, the pool staff is ready at any time to bring umbrellas for shade. I wish all resorts would do away with piped in music at poolside. Most people there want to read, or if they want to listen to music, they have their iPods, etc. I truly find it an imposition in this day of personal headsets to have music (which you do not choose) played at you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rchiarelli6
jleecarter, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

We appreciate your response and allowing us to showcase our ocean front property with you and your party. Kevin's recommendation for the breakfast package was instrumental to the relaxed experience which you had during your stay. We hope that you did not get too much sun and will be returning to The Reach.

Please keep an eye out for our special packages which include breakfast and resort credits when planning your next trip.

All the best,

Jason Carter
jcarter@luxuryresorts.com
305-296-3535

Reviewed February 17, 2012

The staff was nice but really couldn't offer much except excuses. The restaurant on site tacked on a 18% service charge for breakfast; normally not an issue except the breakfast is A BUFFET!!! So after that they lost money on us as we would have eaten there everyday. You are better off eating on Duvalle Street.

The room cleaning was spotty, not detailed, cleaned but a cracked glass left behind from the last guest was never replaced. Ice bucket where ice turned to water was never emptied.

There was no bathtub and the furniture was not condusive to a long term stay... no drawers. You may as well live out of your suitcase.

There is Wi-FI included in the room but the computer in the lobby is very very slow.

Resort fee basically got you a newspaper (NY Times). Parking fee was extreme as well...$18.00 a day.

After we left; we stayed in another location at a Marriott Residence Inn which was far better and less expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Roy A
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I did lots of research before choosing the Reach Resort for a short vacation stop in Key West. We requested an ocean view on the top floor. The view of the palm tree from the balcony was great. When the wind blew, we could see the ocean now and then. The dividers on the balcony are slotted and while you can't directly see your neighbors, the configuration detracted from privacy. The room was nothing special but clean. We purchased the package that included breakfast at the hotel resturaunt and a $50.00 daily resort credit to be used to offset expenses that day )alcohol, hotel charge and parking excluded). The credit was applied to dinners at the resort and the other sister resort within walking distance. The food was pretty good but very overpriced. Overall, the hotel was clean and in good shape. The staff were friendly and helpful. We're glad we went to Key West but now that one is behind us, we'll stop further north and off the beaten path for a better price and a bit more privacy.

Room Tip: Try for a room closer to the pool for a better ocean view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob S
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We have made the reach an annual trek - last summer was our third - and I forgot to review it!!! The staff has become so much more attentive and helpful over the last few years - the beach is great as is the service. My one complaint would be the excessive smoking - but not much you can do about that I guess.

Our room was great and the staff attentive to our needs. Will be staying here again next summer for sure!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple