I visited the Reach Waldorf Astoria Resort in January 2011 for one night,
due to HHonors Gold Status received a upgrade to a really great, very spacious
suite. Maybe I am a lil bit more critical with this resort, cause I had some fever and
felt really bad.
Check in was ok, the friendly receptionist told us the -slightly complicated- way to our room, upgrade due to HHonors status worked out very well, the bellman was also friendly and our luggage was really fast in our room.
The size of the room (partial sea view suite) was stunning, it was very clean, made a very nice impression on first sight. It also had a huge modern bathroom with nice, high quality bath amenities. It had also a nice big balcony, with a charming view on the pool, palms and the ocean.
After having a delicious coffee from the Nespresso coffee maker, we went out to Duval Strees (just 5 min walk) and had a nice dinner and shopping there.
So the location of the resort is REALLY good, in about 3 minutes you walk to the "90 miles to Havanna" Point. GREAT!
After coming back late - the next important point:
Our bed was really good - simply full 5 stars for great sleeping comfort!
Wireless Internet is available, with good connection - due to HHonors it was for free.
Breakfast in the morning was ok, served in a - lets say interesting location - maybe not the best for families with small children, if you do not want to expain to them, why there are pictures of semi-naked ladies on the walls ;-) Breakfast buffet was just ok, compared to european 5-star-hotels it can not compare neither in size/amout of the buffet nor in the quality of the food. As I said - it was ok, fruits were really nice, but there been no tasty hams, cheeses or other stuff, which I would like to have for breakfast as I am paying a bunch of money for it.
Slightly minus - check out was not really nice and even I am used to get it always and the hotel was for sure not booked out (checked it on the internet) they did not give us a late check-out. I got really angry because of this, the receptionist should not lie to a customer, cause Internet proof is really easy to get! Therefore - decrease in Service!!
Pool area is really nice, the small sand-beach is really nice and the small pier is just THE extra, which make my four to five star feedback getting Five stars. The pictures I´ve made in the morning show, how lovely and romantic this resort is. With its great location and due to the upgrade a really good price-value-ratio - Five stars and a recommendation as a great place to stay in Key West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West