We stayed at the Casa Marina for 3 nights from 18-21 September. Booked through Alpharooms.com & paid £370 (not including Resort Fee of $20+tax per night).
First off, can i just say how hard it was to find decent accomodation in Key West for less than £100 per night. It was really, really hard! So when i came across this hotel for this price i jumped at the chance. Turns out we were in town at one of the busiest times of the year in Key West, the annual Key West Poker Run, where around 10,000 bikers from all over the country descend on Key West for a weekend of fun & raising money for charity. It certainly wasnt the quiet, relaxing time we had envisioned, but we went with the flow & had a great time anyway!
Self-parking or valet parking was available at the hotel, but i had read on previous reviews that parking was available on the street, due to the hotel being in a residential area. So we parked on the street, no problems at all.
The hotel itself was lovely. Big, spacious, clean & elegant. There was always staff cleaning mirrors & buffing the floors & keeping the place spotless. The concierge introduced himself & was friendly. The room itself was really nice. It looked exactly like the pictures on the hotel website & was clean & comfortable. The shower had good water pressure & there was plenty of fluffy towels & nice products in the bathroom. We had a large flatscreen TV with plenty of channels to watch, which was ideal for us, as the weather was so hot, we had to sit indoors with the A/C on watching a film until it cooled down outside!
The outdoor areas is where the hotel truly shines. There is two identical swimming pools with plenty of seating available. I had read on previous reviews that ice-lollies & cold towels were given out at the pool, but i never saw this. Maybe i was watching a film at the time! The pool guy saw that i had brought my own beach towel to the pool & told me not to bother next time as there is plenty of towels available for guests to use. There is also a bar area outside & a dining area. I had the mango chicken sandwich & fries (around $13) & it was delicious. Our server, i think his name was Darran?, was really friendly & polite.
The hotel is in a quiet location in Key West, away from the hustle & bustle of Duval Street. It was a good 15-20 minute walk to the main strip, which suited me just fine.
Overall, this hotel was excellent & i would definately recommend it to anyone considering staying in Key West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West