Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
$329
$330
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$277
$175
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$1,019
Hotels.com
7,624 results
All reviewssun sunbeach stafffrozen towelsadult poolprivate beachthe jet ski tourhistoric hotelself parkingpool serviceduval streetocean viewpalm treeslouie's backyardmain buildingsunset cruisesister propertygreat resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I had the pleasure of staying at the Casa Marina Resort in early December. Having stayed at the resort frequently in the past and most recently during their renovations I can report the resort has transcended from nice place to stay to phenominal vacation getaway. Between the landscaping, two pools, restaurant and the added benefit of having their sister property the Reach Resort only a block away, the Casa has it all. The room was cleaned promptly and thoroughly each day. The restaurant staff couldn't have been more efficient. The front office staff was the highlight of my stay. Between Maria, Jeff, Don, Carla, Patrick and EJ they ensured I had everything I needed. If you want to choose a resort where you can lay on a beach, listen to the waves crash against the shore and have everything you need taken care of, the Casa Marina is the place for you

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2008

If you got your fill of flock of seagulls during the 80s, then don't have breakfast at the hotel. My husband and I decided to enjoy a beautiful morning by having breakfast at the hotel restaurant outside at one of their tables. After getting my food, I promptly was attacked by seagulls which literally were standing on my plate eating my eggs. Also, when my husband turned his head they grabbed a croissant right off the plate. After contacting management regarding the problem, we were informed that it happens often. We were not warned of this prior to being seated outside. Further after moving to the inside dinning area, our waiter brought dishes from outside which had been landed on by the seagulls for us to use to eat. DISGUSTING!!!! Other problems with the hotel include dirty bathtub and clogged drains.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sweber81
Reviewed December 14, 2008

We booked three nights at this hotel on Hotwire for $174 per night plus taxes and fees for a total of $223.70 per night (yes, that's right, the taxes and fees were an extra $49.70 per night). When I checked in, the check-in girl distinctly told me that the resort credit was $50 per night however, when I checked out I was told that it was $50 per every two day stay. I verified this against the website, and yes, it was only $50 per every two day stay. The self-park was an extra $8 per night.

The rooms are very nice and recently redecorated in a zen-like theme. The bathroom has only a shower stall and no bathtub.

The restaurant was outdoors and served acceptable food although there was nothing spectacular on the menu. If you would like to snack, though, you can get a large portion of potato salad or a basket of fries for only $4.

The beach was pleasant with lovely hammocks. This is not really a swimmable beach as all the beaches in Key West are man-made with white sand imported from The Bahamas. The two pools were quite pleasant with more than enough lounge chairs (there were usually between 5 and 10 people at the pools at any one time) and very attentive staff. This is more of a conference hotel so most guests are busy during the day at meetings.

This is a quiet area and about a one mile walk or an $8 taxi ride to the main part of Duval. You can also catch the hop-on hop-off bus at the hotel for $29 per day.

Overall, a very pleasant stay but a tad overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 10, 2008

We went to Key West for a friend of ours' wedding and decided to stay at the Casa Marina. We hadn't been there since back in 2003, before they had finished remodeling the resort, and were curious to see what they'd done. The service had been extraordinary on our previous visit and was nothing less than perfect this time. The staff have been well versed in going above and beyond for their guests and anticipated our every need. We were very impressed with the upgrades they have made, the flat screen tv's, the beds were super comfortable, the amenities were luxurious and the decor was modern yet very comforting. We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone visiting Key West!!!

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Travis__33
Reviewed December 10, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Casa Marina December 1 through 4. The resort itself is on the south eastern Atlantic side of Key West. The resort's main building was built in the 20s and is beautiful. The resort staff was always attentive and friendly. Our room was located in the newer section of the resort. It was spacious and well equiped with many high end features. The resort grounds and beach area were keep well manicured and clean. There are hammocks along the beach area between the palm trees that I could have spent the entire day in.
The hotel resturant served a really nice breakfast either on the patio or inside if you preferred. There is also a bar and a snack bar out between the two pools. While you are around the pool and beach area the hotel staff checks on you to see if you need more towels or even cool moist hand towels and pop cicles when it was warm. Duval Street and most of the attractions were an easy 15 minute walk from the resort and if you didn't fill like walking there were always taxis standing buy and the resort had bicycle and scooter rentals.
We truly enjoyed our stay and plan on returning.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple