“Destination Wedding”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Over all was a relaxing and wonderful place to stay. I do feel though that it was terrible pricy and food selections could have been better. I found to that getting around was costly and kinda difficult at times.

1  Thank Dwight G

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I brought the family here after experiencing the west coast and Vegas; Great atmosphere and very helpful staff. Concirge is one of the best that I have come across. Food and pool facilities way above expectation. If you want to chill out in style.....here is your only choice.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My fiancé and I had a fantastic experience. The hotel was beautiful, clean and classy. The staff was helpful and prompt. It is in a great location, far enough from Duval St. that it is quiet but close enough that you can easily walk to all the bars and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again and I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2014

First, the good.

Great location, pools, staff. Very friendly place and lots to do if you have kids. Prices for food and drink were reasonable.

Now, the not so good. We paid $800 per night for a two bed loft room. The space is small and the accommodation is average at best. The shower handle came off, the toilet handle came off. The first night my wife and I slept in the main guest room - one child upstairs in the mezzanine, one on the sofa bed in the living area. Because of this set up it was impossible to get our room to temperature without freezing my son. So we suffered in the heat. The room was noisy - toilets flushing, doors slamming and intimate noises from a couple nearby. Not ideal.

We complained. The next day we were moved. Less problem with noise and poor plumbing but this time I had the pleasure of the worst a/c unit in creation just a few feet from my left ear. I might as well have been sitting on the runway at Heathrow - with a jet taking off every two minutes. Astonishing in 2014.

In summary, the kids loved it. But for $800 per night room only the parent were disappointed. The place is creaking and needs investment. Oh, and the wifi is truly awful.

1  Thank DACallow
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Wow!! What a view! When we first walk out of the lobby to the pool area the magnificent view was breathless! I've stayed at many resorts in the past, but It's wide open unobstructed ocean view is one of the best I've seen. The room is beautiful and spacious and the staff is very friendly. The pool staff was outstanding!!! The minute we arrive at the beach they were there immediately with towels and umbrellas. Especially Mark (I think he is the manager) who was super friendly and kind. He's simply amazing. He came to say hi everyday. And I see him talking with other the guests and making sure they were happy and comfortable. He is very personable and make you feel like you are VIPs. He told us he lived here for 17 years and gave us many wonderful recommendations of things to do on the island. It's nice to see someone who is passionate about his work. He is a huge asset to the hotel. Also the activities for the kids was so much fun. They made shark tooth necklaces and is wearing it all the time. Loved the frozen towels and Popsicle in the afternoons. all nice little touches. Overall this is one of the best resorts I stayed at and can't wait to come back. Thank you Mark and all the staff at the Casa Marina for making our family vacation so memorable.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

The shower head in our room was broken ( would not stay up so that we could actually shower under it. The handy man was fast to respond to the fix it ticket but they could not fix it. Did not offer us another room. It was a to bad...... So sorry but your going to have to deal. The $$ spent this is a waist of time and $$. Not all rooms come with complementary breakfast so double check and be prepaid to pay a lot for even coffee. Half the outlets in our room didn't work and once again it was a to bad so sorry. Rooms are small for what you pay. Staff is very snubbish and not very accommodating. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Foodgoodie
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My mom & I just stayed here for 4 nights. I was hesitant after reading quite a few negative reviews but we gave it a shot & are so glad we did. Upon arrival we were informed our room had maintenance problems & were upgraded to a 2 bedroom ocean front loft. We were also given a free breakfast the following morning. The staff was very friendly, rooms were lovely & the grounds were beautiful. We enjoyed our jet ski tour & all the delicious food! Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed: July 2014