Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed May 28, 2014

just finished 4 days / 3 nights at CM. We usually stay at Ocean Key but this time decided to go elsewhere. We were attracted to the promise of a larger beachfront (keys beachfront) resort with multiple pools and plenty of grounds to enjoy. This was definitely the case as we highly enjoyed the hotel. The $25 daily fee was ok as the in room coffee, newspapers and plenty of bottled water made it more palatable. Room was oceanfront in newer west wing - size was a bit small as was balcony but room was clean and updated. No worries about chipped furniture etc. It was a bit of a walk to the pool but was quiet. Next time we'd like to try one of the rooms with the walk up patios. Never tried breakfast buffet but it looked pretty good. Closest outside food is 5-10 minute walk - camille's was a yummy breakfast and bad boy burrito was also very good - both 10 minute walk. Bar at Louie's next door on the ocean is a must do.

Check in went well - room was not ready yet upon noon arrival but they called us at 115pm to alert us that room was now ready. Bags got dropped there without us - all went well.

Now what I did not care for at the hotel - there is essentially no lobby bar other than an add-on to the gift shop. So really the only true bar is outside by pool / beach. Yesterday at 6pm I went to the "lobby bar" and waited for one girl only to be told that she can't mix drinks so she summoned another bartender. Waited a few mins for her but she was underwhelming - she had to consult the menu to figure out what was in the drink - looked like she had 5 mins of bar training. My suggestion would be either to do away with this bar or improve it to actually have a real lobby bar even if it is only open a few hours each day. But to kinda of do it while part of gift shop with store clerks as bartenders leaves a bad guest impression (or at least in my case did).

Other service was generally good and the little bit of the food we had was pretty decent. They did not enforce no kids in adult pool for 2 of the 3 days. Didn't really bother us but why have rules if they are not to be enforced? Gift shop or bathrooms did not carry feminine products either (no idea why - this is hotel 101) so was very inconvenient for wife.

Great breeze at hotel - apparently in summer months breeze blows from the south which makes it "cooler" than rest of the island. This was greatly worth it.

Every stay will have little nits - we understand that so this was no exception. Hotel and grounds are great, service was good as was our room. Not another hotel like this in KW. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank longsm
Write a ReviewReviews (7,383)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I just departed the Casa Marina Resort and we can report we had a fantastic visit. We stayed here 14 months ago and decided to return. The service given by Patrick (front desk), Evelyn (front desk mgr), Gregg (bell stand) Shaun and Tanjo (concierge) was second to none. I thank the five of them for helping to make our trip to Key West so memorable. The hotel is beautiful with are all the charm you would expect from such a classic property. The rooms are nice but could stand a few minor upgrades. The pool service was top notch. There was always someone there to help with lounge chair covers, fresh ice water or whatever you wanted/needed. This also include complimentary popsicles for the children as well as cool cucumber slices for your eyes. We would visit this property again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Location location location...
Laying on the hammocks between palm trees, the Atlantic Ocean just feet away. Awesome constant sea breeze. Hotel service couldn't be better. Such a charming hotel. We just live this place. The pools, outside bar, ping pong... I would think this is Key West's best resort!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel and it is one of the best I have stayed at. I stay in hotels about 150 nights a year so I get picky when it comes to customer service. The pool service is top notch. The staff at the pool are friendly and help in any way possible. Morgan was so helpful and fun. He took such good care of our group of 11 people. He was the best. The front concierge staff were also friendly and so helpful. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Steven T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Katie S,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm quite sure it was a pleasure for Morgan to take care of you while you were here and I will be sure to pass on your comments. We look forward to your return.

Steven Tresh

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to Key West for 5 days and stayed at the Casa Marina. It's a nice hotel but nothing special. I felt the Double tree that I've stayed in before was just as good or better than the Casa Marina. I will say the hotel is on the beach and a 15-20 min. walk to Duval which makes it convenient. The room itself was bland and they need to put some decorations on the walls and move the full length mirror on the side of the bed to the front of the room where you can actually use it. I did like that there was a Nespresso machine in the room. That was a nice touch!

1  Thank MelissaL272
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel with great service! a short cab ride to duval st. it has a great beach and pool. The employees are very nice. i have stayed at the westin and here and i chose here. The breakfast buffet is very good.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I visited in early May. The front desk staff and the bellmen were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The hotel is very well maintained for its age, and dining outside near the Gulf of Mexico is a wonderful experience. It has the perfect ambience for Key West and for making memories.

It will be my choice should I return again to Key West.

J. Randolph Smith