“Holiday Break Before Christmas”

Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Parkland, Florida
“Holiday Break Before Christmas”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days with the kids (7 & 5) before Xmas. We chose this hotel bc it was relatively close and we had been there before without the kids. We had an amazing time...more so than we expected. The kids were entertained every morning on their Scout About and then by Vivian, the kids activities guru. My husband and I were actually able to spend time together and relax with the help of Austin, Daniel and Will.

We are looking forward to going back to explore more of the things to do outside of the resort. This hotel may take the place of the Hilton Marco Island as our go to weekend spot!

Room Tip: The old house rooms have more charm but you have more of a chance of an ocean view in a new room.
1 Thank mmissall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,422)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are going to Key West this is just a fabulous place to stay. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous with a lovely pool. The hotel is just 10 minute walk from Duval Street (all cabs are a fixed fee of $3 anyway). The rooms are lovely and the place is beautifully maintained. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: The resort charge is $25/d but at the pool they come round to clean your sun glasses offer free drin...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear perryburns,

Thank you for your sparkling review! We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful resort. It's guest like that really makes us shine.

Steven Tresh
PA
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is our 4th stay at Casa Marina for the Christmas holiday. Same room 112 ground floor with patio and great view. My 85 year old Father loves the patio and enjoys relaxing there and able to see so much going on. Thanks to Casa for another great stay. Especially thank you to Mark, beach, pool manager, his beach workers, Austin, Daniel, Adrian, Will and Vivian made sure we were taken care of and was so friendly. More friendships were made again this year. Thank you all for another special vacation in Key West. Hope to see you next December.

Room Tip: Room 112 ground floor with patio with great view, beachfront.
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

With so many places to stay in Key West, waldorf Astoria casa marina probably the one I found to be an easy choice to make. As they say in real estate - location, location, location...it is as good as it gets in crowded key west... Many rooms have direct ocean view, with two pools right above it...a great place for family and friends , backed.by WALDORs impeccable reputation...speaking of which, make sure to make your checkin with Julia R., her customer skills are impeccable, and it surely made our visit so much more enjoyable!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Vlady R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I recently stayed at Casa Marina with my mother for Christmas from 12/24-12/28. From the moment we entered the hotel everyone was so nice and accommodating. The grounds were gorgeous and we had a very nice spacious room. Everyday when we would go out to the pool Bob, Andrew, and Constantine were always there to help provide us with towels and set up our chairs. We have traveled to many resorts and we never had such great service like we did by the pool!! We are already planning our next trip for Christmas next year to beat the cold Boston weather. Very excited to come back and enjoy the laid back island of Key West!

3 Thank Stephanie B
Dear Stephanie B,

We are so glad you were able to enjoy our gorgeous weather and we are glad Bob, Andrew and Constantine were able to help you do so. We look forward to your next escape from the freezing weather.

Warm Regards,

Steven Tresh
Boston, MA, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was disapppointed with this hotel. Cost vs. service. Very expensive this time of year, also did not appreciate the raise in room rates for 25th and 26th as I made reservations in May feel that I should have gotten a break. Also, I told hotel a million times that my son 18 who had his own room was not to charge ANYTHING to room without my permission. I removed all alcohol and told them not to replace, they did follow those instructions. Rooms ok though I was in crappy section of hotel, room 217 and 223. It was not worth the price, never mind the INSane FOOD costs. I would look elsewhere next time

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

4 Thank Melanie H
White Plains, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I agonized over which hotel to stay in, and after much consultation of TripAdvisor are so glad we stayed for 4 nights just before Christmas. The lobby is large and we were warmly welcomed on arrival after a long (but beautiful) drive from Fort Lauderdale airport. Our rate included breakfast and some other benefits which were explained to us.

Our room was in the suites building and really lived up to expectation of an ocean view. For a suite, 600sq ft isn't huge, but the bed was supremely comfortable, and there was more than enough space to enjoy the beautiful view. There's a Nespresso machine in the room and we had absolutely no issues with cleaning service. In fact, every member of WA staff we met were polite and extremely friendly. I agree with previous reviews about the lack of soundproofing as our neighbors had a toddler that screamed throughout the echoey corridors early in the morning. It's not a true Waldorf Astoria, but then it's not true WA prices that we'd pay in NYC!

Breakfast was excellent. The buffet was stacked with fresh fruit, patisserie, omelette station and other options. It was really nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the wonderful grounds. I'd read a few reviews that the beach was small.. I'm one of those people that likes to see the sea but not touch it. I appreciated the sand being raked every morning, and it was very pleasant to walk along and sit in a hammock for a while. The resort has two pools with one being reserved for adults. The pool service was out of this world - super friendly guys that would insist on setting up your towels and nothing was too much trouble.

The pool bar was nice too, and at night the fire pits were most welcome to sit around and chat with other residents. We came to really appreciate the location of the hotel. The north end of Duval Street is a bit loud / tacky for me. It's a very pleasant 15 minute walk to the lower half of Duval where we found many options for eating and entertainment without the need for brash bars and a plethora of tee shirt shops. I am astounded that Key West can support so many tee shirt shops!!

I highly recommend this place, we had a great time and I'm pretty sure we'll be back!

Room Tip: The standard rooms look tiny. If you can, spring for a suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple