Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
7,610 results
All reviewssun sunbeach stafffrozen towelsadult poolprivate beachthe jet ski tourhistoric hotelself parkingpool serviceduval streetocean viewpalm treeslouie's backyardmain buildingsunset cruisesister propertygreat resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My husband, 14 year old daughter and I stayed 4 nites at the Casa Marina. It was a beautiful place and you could tell they spent lots of time and money on their recent renovation. It was quite expensive for what you get, however. The staff was nice, but you had to drag information out of them. When we checked in, the desk clerk was nice, but when we got to our room, we realized, we didn't know where anything was (restaurant? breakfast times? where to go on property to find activities?, etc) Even though there is a binder with vague answers to most of those questions, we felt we were just left to figure things out as we went along. Also, the waitstaff seemed disorganized most of the time. When you're paying $60 for a breakfast buffet for a family of 3, you would expect to have your coffee warmed regularly and the buffet to be continually stocked (we found lots of items empty and in need of replacement when we dined arouned 9 am).

Over all, we had a very pleasant experience at the Casa Marina and would stay there again. But when we go back, we'll make sure we bring our own snacks and water/soft drinks ($2 + a bottle!) But everything is a little more expensive in Key West.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Casa Marina was the lovliest resort in Key West. My husband and 2 daughters ages 7 and 11 will return because of the beautiful location. We had a beautiful view of the pool and beach. The rooms were clean.
The service was not up to my standard. When we checked in we should have been notified that we needed cards from front desk for our children to eat free. I had to go back the next day and get them. Poolside service was terrible. It was easier to get your own drink at the bar then to get the attention of a waitress or waiter.Our elevator near our room was out of service as was one in the main lobby.
Although the food was good it would have been nice to have an upscale restaurant for evening dining.
We did explore ( bring lots of quarters for parking on Duvall St.)
We enjoyed two restaurants very much. Cafe Marquesa on Simonton and Fleming and Michael's on Margaret St. The food was excellent ... yes, we took our well behaved children to both.
Overall we loved Key West and were comfortable at the Casa Marina. Management needs to button up the wait staff and valet parkers as well.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ivegotalife2
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We stayed four nights at the Casa Marina in August. I was a little disappointed upon check in because the room (n. 221) was very small, and the balcony was also tiny (i booked an ocean vista room, no idea what the room they actually gave us was).
The hotel has a pleasant and relaxing architecture, with a clean and modern feel. The beach is not that good for swimming with all the seaweed and rocks, but lying under the palm trees was nevertheless a great way to chill out. Nice touches are the popsicles and watermelon that the staff bring around. An honorable mention should also go to the complimentary non-alcoholic mojito offered in the lobby from 4-6p. So good that I would rush down each day as soon as I remembered it was that time to grab some, so good that I was never able to get a full cup, cos the urn would get drained so fast.
Disappointments include: being billed every step of the way with extra charges for internet connection ($12/day), breakfast buffet ($20/pp), self parking ($12/day - by the way there was plenty of available free parking on the street around the hotel when we were there). The hotel also charges a ridiculous $20/day resort fee. As many people seem to be unpleasantly surprised by this extra "tax" on their room bill, I think the hotel should include it in the advertised room rate, even if they have to raise it. I think the customers they could lose with the slightly higher room rate, would be fewer than those they anger by this misleading marketing practice. I mean, how many popsicles do I have to eat to make the fee worth it? The other problem was the pool area. There are actually 2 pools, but both are teeming with rowdy children. It would be better if they reserved one pool for adults, as the guests seemed to be about half childless couples half families. In fact, I noticed the couples tended to relax on the beach and left the families with the pool areas. (you also get more attention from the attendants on the beach, fyi). But, as the ocean was a bit weird to swim in, I would have liked the option of cooling off in the pool without being kicked and splashed.
Maid service was also a little spotty. They never cleaned our balcony, leaving empty beer bottles, and a coffee cup half filled with liquid and cigarette butts for 4 days..eeew. We left them just to see if they would ever take care of it, but no. They also didnt replace our sugar packets, we were left with nasty Splenda. One positive mention is the plumbing service we received for our stopped up sink drain, which was taken care of immediately by a very kind technician. As far as the amenities go, we missed the slippers we normally get offered in higher end hotels, but I really liked the shampoo and conditioner. They left my hair feeling super silky.The robes, however, are ridiculous when worn by an average-sized man - made of a unattractively clingy material and with sleeves way too short.
Overall, we did have a relaxing stay, but had problems with the extra charges, pool area and some aspects of the service. Based on the other offerings of Key West, though, I think we would stay there again, but might choose a larger room.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goodcop
Reviewed August 7, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Casa Marina Resort for two nights and we had such a wonderful time! The hotel is absolutely beautiful, we could have stayed there forever. Our room was great (and we got an upgrade to one of the ocean vista rooms), the Pools are wonderful, we loved the hammocks at the beach and the complimentary fruits and popsickles they had every day. The service was outstanding, everybody was helpful, friendly and almost like a best friend - from front desk to concierge and servers to the chef at the pool. We had the breakfast buffet on both mornings and liked it a lot while sitting outside and enjoying the resorts great atmosphere. We also had the best burgers ever, ordered and made by the chef in the restaurant right next to the Pool.

If you want to do something truly romantic - ask for the tables they have at night right at the pier, with some candles and right next to the ocean.

The only thing I have to complain about is the job housekeeping does which is definitely not the best one. When we checked into the first room the bathroom was not done at all which was not a big deal since we got another room one right away and something like that happens, but in the other room were so many little things which should not happen: there were fingerprints all over the desk and the windows, there was some stuff on the bathroom door I do not want to describe in detail, there was mold in the shower although everything is so new, and the wooden floor they have in the room had footsteps all over and we also found three long black hairs in the bed. It was not too bad, but it was simply not perfect for a resort like that.

But otherwise I would highly recommend the Casa Marina Resort to everybody who is looking for a quiet, beautiful hotel in Key West with a special atmosphere and great service. We had a great time and will be back one day. Thanks a lot!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We spent four nights at the Casa and once again had a wonderful time. had stayed there before when it was owned by Wyndam and love the remodeling that has taken place since then. Staff were all great and friendly. Breakfast buffet had variety but was a little pricey. Preferred walking to cuban carryout/restaurant down the way. didn't care much for the strange half shower door, but we had no water on the floor, just kind of wierd. Loved the pools, beach and piers. Our beach staff were very friendly and accomodating. brought out popsicles and watermelon daily. The hotel needs to have a restaurant though instead of only the outside SunSun for food. Half hour walk to Mallory Square was fine-hot and sweaty-just like Key West is supposed to be! will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family